• Muffler

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Engine work (electricals)

Votes: 1 9.1%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Are these all mods or repairs for something broken?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mods, suspension bushing kit, are stiffer bushings, i hear you lose time for your 1/4mile with it, since you gain more traction on your take off.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm trying to get a kit of polyeurathane bushings together.... They are supposed to do wonders for handling !!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Don't know yet... Haven't figured out the parts yet.... There are no Legend specific parts listed under any poly. manufacturer (that I know of), so I am going by measurements... I'll keep everyone posted of my findings...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Where to spend the easy money

Strut Bars = You gotta make your own

Suspension Bushing Kit = You gotta buy seperate parts that you measure or wait on cdndvl (like me (thanks btw))

New Steering Wheel = No real performance gain (unless it there to hold your NOS button(s):D

Engine Work (Electricals) = Most folks here think L 'letrics are pretty good (you may not get out of it what you put into it)

Muffler = My vote. Will probably help performance. It will probably sound good. Will help with looks. You don't have to make it.
Money well spent the easy way.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was thinking of that exhaust too... Can't find the muffler he refers to and don't understand some of the rest.... Sounds kinda good though.... At the very least it would give you a quiet exhaust when you want it and a noisy one for driving with until you see the cops coming ....:D

·
Registered
347 Posts
steering wheel?

If the leather is drying out and losing its smooth surface (mine is) then a good a/market cover might be a reasonably cheap mod. These look reasonable, from wheelskins. Not cheap, but IME cheap leather wheel covers do fawk all for the look of the wheel.

http://www.dccarcare.com/wsorig.html

As for the rest of your mods, I'm not sure what you have already done. I tend to think that mods are highly personal, one mans rice rocket is another mans pride and joy, etc, etc.

Me, I (hope) I favor 'classy' cosmetics and subtle performance, so after the bits and pieces I have done, next is an interior makeover (baby shyte dash and plastic to charcoal grey), colourcoding the side mirrors, taking a few minor dings out, then onto performance with a CAI (prob custom at this stage), and springs/shocks. I want to end up with the best looking stock g1 I can afford. I was very tempted several times to get some rims, but I am finding that every time I decide on a style I see them a few weeks later and think they look cheap.
It's tough to decide what to do, but my number one rule is plan your mod dream list waaaay before you have the cash - or it will burn a hole in your pocket and you'll end up with one of those laughable tornado things in your intake!

Long post, but I'm at work

Rich

1 - 12 of 12 Posts