Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 91 legend and its been in the family for a about 9+ years now. And now its being handed over to me. I really want to do something to it to make it faster... and possibly look a lot nicer!! without costing me a fortune. So far, i cleared out my bumper signals, and installed blue corner lights. If you guyz could give me some ideas, or even step by step instructions on some mods i could do, it would be much appreciated. I'm thinking of installing a new intake? But i just want to reaplace the filter, not the whole piping. Thanx alot! :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
There two ways to go about your situation. I think that if you just wanna modify your car for look, sound, and "sportiness", stick with an intake (preferibly cold air cuz it's actually effective), muffler (no need for a full exhaust unless you plan to do other serious mods), rims (competely alter the appearance of the Legend) and whatever body work you find necessary. The other scenario is if you want to make your Legend a full on speed demon, like myself, in which case you will be requiring all of the above mentioned plus some serious boost (I myself went with nitrous:D ). Anyway, enjoy your Legend experience, whichever way you choose to go with it, and I'm sure you'll love the ride.

-GR

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The first outlay should be to buy a HELM Service Manual and Owner's Manual (www.helminc.com). It will be the best $100 you could spend, and you will need the Service Manual if you intend to perform any DIY repairs. Saving one trip to the dealer will pay for the cost of the HELM. Besides, you can use the info in the HELM to amaze other Forum members with your apparent breadth of Acura technical/repair knowledge!

G

·
Actually, I only paid $76 shipped for my HELM manual. Anyways though, if you want to do a killer mod you should lower the legend with some Koni Shocks and Eibach/H&R/Ground Control Springs/coilovers. This will drastically improve the handling of the car. You also may want to throw on another strut bar to compliment that. New wheels (like 17") will most likely help the handling of your car (but if you start going bigger like 18"/19" you will start to slow yourself down). Some people think that throwing a spoiler on the car can make it look a lot sportier, but if I were you I would stay very close to the OEM spoiler look or else it starts to not look right. You could also upgrad the brake rotors/pads. The list just goes on and on.... but if you hang out around here for a while you will start to get some real good ideas on what you like and what you really want.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The bottom line is... take your time. Don't try to completely modify your legend the first month you have it. You can take your time and be creative and over the long haul, you'll end up with what you currently imagine. Have fun :cool: !

·
Registered
376 Posts
naw.........how bout, umm.., shave your moldings, emblems, antenna, rear door handles, fawk it, shave your rear doors. fender flares so you can fit those nice 19's or 20's under there and have them tucked! throw on a carbon fiber hood, full custom body kit, dual exhaust, custom CAI, Katzkin two tone interior, 4 tv's, ps2, and also dont forget to pull our your motor and tranny and have level ten rebuild your tranny and torque converter and have your motor fully built, ported n polished custom high compression pistons n rods n umm..., no wait, have it bored, raise the displacement to a 3.8-4.0 liter custom crank, gyea stoker kit! =) oh and dont forget the 150shot NOS direct port kit. =) just thought i'd give you some ideas hahahaha
have fun with your legend.

zol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dang... it sounded easy till i read zol's response... haha... anyways, thanx alot for the responses guyz, i will hang around this forum, i already learned a lot! Thanx again ~ peace :D

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Zol said:
naw.........how bout, umm.., shave your moldings, emblems, antenna, rear door handles, fawk it, shave your rear doors. fender flares so you can fit those nice 19's or 20's under there and have them tucked! throw on a carbon fiber hood, full custom body kit, dual exhaust, custom CAI, Katzkin two tone interior, 4 tv's, ps2, and also dont forget to pull our your motor and tranny and have level ten rebuild your tranny and torque converter and have your motor fully built, ported n polished custom high compression pistons n rods n umm..., no wait, have it bored, raise the displacement to a 3.8-4.0 liter custom crank, gyea stoker kit! =) oh and dont forget the 150shot NOS direct port kit. =) just thought i'd give you some ideas hahahaha
have fun with your legend.

zol
hAHhahaAHa...LOL silly ho3. oh yeah, happy belated new year's zol.

welcome to the family alegend4ever

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.