Acura Legend Forum banner

What wheels?

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  MISS CONGENIALITY 
#1 ·
I'm looking for some new 16" wheels for my '91 sedan. In the past, I've not had much luck with aftermarket wheels (they always seem to cause a vibration) on Honda vehicles, so I'm leaning towards getting some factory wheels and enlarging the center hole if necessary to fit my car. Before I go to that trouble, I'd like some opinions from guys who have aftermarket wheels. Are some better than others? Anybody have AM wheels that don't cause a vibration?
TIA

#2 ·
make sure you get the right offset. you might also need a alignment. also, go with 17's. please? im begging you here!!

#4 ·
yeah, what he said. but, still, get 17's. if you REALLY want 16's, only get GS rims. at least they are for your car...no vibration here!!

#5 ·
Guys, I'd love to get 17's. But this is my wife's daily driver and we live in pot holed northeast Ohio - 17's won't live here! I'd also love to have GS wheels, and agree that they look the best of the factory wheels, but I can't find any! So what I'm really looking for I guess is opinions on aftermarket wheels. Do the vibrate? Do they fit right? What looks the best?
Thanks for the info, and any other comments are welcome.
Jim

#8 ·
there's none on ebay, you can get a brand new set from acura automotive parts. i called them and they said you have to order them special order gcause sthey don't stock them. it takes 1-2 days for them to come in. i think he said they were like 190 a piece. but, keep in mind, these are brand new and for your car. you will have no problems with these wheels like you explained you had with aftermarket wheels. hope this helps and good luck with whatever you decide (GS, GS, GS!) did you pick up on the subliminal message?

#9 ·
You know that the Legend GS wasnt the only ones with those wheels. The honda odysee and its same cousin the Isuzu (something) had the same rims. So there are some more chances in getting them. Whoa the possiblity oh a honda symbol on those.

#10 ·
smoovie--smoov said:
there's none on ebay, you can get a brand new set from acura automotive parts. i called them and they said you have to order them special order gcause sthey don't stock them. it takes 1-2 days for them to come in. i think he said they were like 190 a piece. but, keep in mind, these are brand new and for your car. you will have no problems with these wheels like you explained you had with aftermarket wheels. hope this helps and good luck with whatever you decide (GS, GS, GS!) did you pick up on the subliminal message?
Do you have contact info for acura automitive parts? I did a search but couldn't find them.
Thanks

#12 ·
R3.2Cyber said:
You know that the Legend GS wasnt the only ones with those wheels. The honda odysee and its same cousin the Isuzu (something) had the same rims. So there are some more chances in getting them. Whoa the possiblity oh a honda symbol on those.
Weren't the ones that came on the Odysee and Oasis 15in? I kinda remember people looking for these a while back as wheels for their winter tires, but I thought they were 15in. versions of the GS wheels.

#13 ·
R3.2Cyber said:
Similar but not identical...Both are 16 Inch.

These are the Odysseys..

These are the GS rims

#15 ·
Ya, those are actually different than the actual GS rims, I've seen them in person...I think they are 15's....

#16 ·
I've seen people put other brand aftermarket 16' wheels on their cars (50+ people trying to be hip) and they're just plain ugly and the ones I saw were some really nice BBS's but being that small is just no good for the Legend. You will be mad if you get any thing other than the GS wheels, again Acura new exactly what they were doing with the 94-95 Legends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.