Acura Legend Forum banner

What would be the most you would honestly pay?

Votes: 1 3.2%

Votes: 3 9.7%

Votes: 6 19.4%

Votes: 8 25.8%

Votes: 13 41.9%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
It's not the cost of materials we are paying for alone. We will also be paying to have them developed.

A set of stainless steel headers for a 5.0L Mustang will run you from $120 - $300. Here you are simply paying for the headers alone, no development costs. The $1000+ we'll be paying will cover the time it will take for whatever company to do all the developmental work, which is very time consuming.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
LISTEN UP

With the information i provided all of you is how you fuigure what would be the top price you would pay for the header.

Pair pipe connection for 91-95 type one are apart of actual development, so their existance is assumed in this poll.

All that NEEDS to be considered here is THE HP and the literal fact that they probably wont be SMOG LEGAL. my cars is as heavily moded as it can possably be and it still passes smog here in CA every 2 years.

Nothing else to my attention should matter, after all we cant be picky with what we get, after all it is 20-25 or more to the front wheels. thats like a 40 shot of NOS---at all times

~Hybrid

·
Registered
327 Posts
You get this mod on the "road" and I will come up with the CA$H!
I have e-test here in Toronto, Canada every 2 years as well and I am willing to "PAY" for a passing test if need be:D
I am will to sink about $1500.00-$2000.00USD (that's like $10,000+ Canadian $$$.:p ) with shipping to Canada because I am rebuilding my engine and this would be a sweet mod.

I drive a 3900lbs car (+ my fat butt) and want to win race's on the track, but not willing to spend $5K and up on a supercharger so this is the next best thing.

I don't have alot of money, but this is somthing worth getting people!!!

Keep up the good work DV8 and let me know what happens.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
headers

IF U CAN DO IT I WILL GET THE MONEY AND IF U CAN GET IT DONE WITHIN THE NEXT 3 OR 4 MONTHS THAT WOULD BE GREAT HAHA MY NEW ENGINE WILL BE OUT OF MY CAR. BUT YES DO IT AND THE MONEY WILL COME. I AM GUESSING AROUND $1500-1700.

G

·
Please say that they will be for the Type-II's. I mean, wouldn't it make more sense. The people who have the money to buy the headers, wouldn't they be more likely to be the people who would have originally spent more money to have the nicer engines :cool:. Just food for thought (the people who have T2's are already more performance oriented probably).

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
DV8, best of luck!

DV8,

If you can materialize all of our dreams by making Legend headers a reality, then count me in. The most I could probably fork out would be about $1000-$1300USD since I'm back in school and tuition has consumed most of my funds. If these headers do become reality, be sure to add me to your list of "for sure" buyers because I have waited and wanted these for a long time. I spent a lot of time trying to get in touch with Korean aftermarket part retails/manufacturers in an attempt to import Acadia headers and ended up at a dead end so all the power to you if you can make this a reality. Good Luck.... :)

SaGe69
:cool:

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Listen UP Agian

Now Lets not all get excited, Im just polling. The real fact is that it could still take a little while, im just doing my research, to see how much it will cost me. Trust me i will try my hardest to get this thing off the ground. im sacrificing my insurance check from my In dash dvd and amps theft to go torwards production, yea that means a big empty hole in my dash.

stay tuned and keep polling.

~HYBRID

Luv, Dyno and see

let me know.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
hey DV8

$1000 to $1600 would be a good price, in my humble opinion.
It'll be worth it in the end guys.

You're actually going out there and doing the investigation.
I know you're dead set on getting the most out of your Legend.

I'm actually very happy w/ my new acquisition of a Type II 6speed Legend.

Let's hope they take paypal! :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Re: Listen UP Agian

Dv8 said:
Now Lets not all get excited, Im just polling. The real fact is that it could still take a little while, im just doing my research, to see how much it will cost me. Trust me i will try my hardest to get this thing off the ground. im sacrificing my insurance check from my In dash dvd and amps theft to go torwards production, yea that means a big empty hole in my dash.

stay tuned and keep polling.

~HYBRID

Luv, Dyno and see

let me know.
If you can make this happen we can start taking donations to fill your dash back in :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts