Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just photoshopped these rims on my car. What do you guys think? (not of the photoshop job, that was a 2 second job)
I'm lookin at a style like this the Lorisner D-93 is just way too expen$ive but i found these Ace Alloy Venus rim for much cheaper. Anyone have any knowledge on this company (Ace Alloy) strong rims?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Yeah I was lookin at those B4 I had got my Katana Spazio's.... They Dont make those in the right offset for our cars though.... or so i was told by every rim shop when I was trying to get them..

·
OLD SKOOL P*MP
235 Posts
i do ...

i have ace alloy wheels ... 17" ace spades ... they came highly recommended by someone else i know that has ace wheels ...

i've had them for only a month though ... seem strong to me ...

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
PhiloK said:
Ace Alloy Wheel has them available in 18X8.5 (5-114.3) 35offset and 45offset which one of these offsets is better?

Anyone ever have any Ace Alloy Wheels?
Of those two choices, the +45mm offset woulg be your best choice, as the +35 would stick out like the rims on the old stomper toys :)

However, a +45 os arguably the minimum you can use on a 7" wide rim to avoid rubbing problems. I have a 17X7 with a +46mm and I barely clear. So, IMHO, a +45mm on a 8.5" rim would still not work. For that, I would say you need a +50 or higher. Others will problably disagree though, as some have had success using lower offsets than what I have.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
on the ace alloy website they also have this size posted.

18X7.5 9-114.3 43 offset

i would think that the 9 - 114.3 is a typo and that they mean
5 - 114.3 .
Anybody know if that would be a good size with no rubbing?
......... and also is there a way to make 18x8.5 45 offset fit?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
PhiloK said:
on the ace alloy website they also have this size posted.

18X7.5 9-114.3 43 offset

i would think that the 9 - 114.3 is a typo and that they mean
5 - 114.3 .
Anybody know if that would be a good size with no rubbing?
......... and also is there a way to make 18x8.5 45 offset fit?
Roll your fenders. But I still don't think it'll fit.
Offset wise, +45mm for 7 +48 for 7.5 +50 for 8. For 8.5 you're gonna be looking at something way past 50.

Now there are some people who had low offsets and had no problems, but I tend to be more on the conservative side when it comes to offset, bigger the better. It's better to be safe than sorry. Imagine getting your wheels, put them on then find out it rubs, wouldn't that suck.

Remember the stock offset for the legend is a whapping +65mm on 6.5 rims. in order not to rub, you'll have to at least try to come close to that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.