Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a 1993 milano red 6 speed coupe with tan leather that's supposedly in "excellent" condition. It has 123k miles on it, just got a new timing belt and has all the service records and such. The dude sellin it is the first and only owner. Remember, I can check blue book value myself, I just wanna know what you guys think is fair.

-GR

Also, is it possible to put a 94/95 front bumper on a 93? The newer bumpers look so much better. Thanks.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I have the 95 front bumper cover on my 93 6-Speed, and the 95 trunk lid is going on as we speak. They are all a direct bolt on. You will need the front cover, the lower front lip, and the two fog light inserts.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Is it L or Ls?

I would say 7.5k-9k, just my opinion considering cost of maitenance, parts, scarce aftermarket support, mpg. If u don't absoltely love the car they way it is dont get it, cause its not gonna get far without alot of money/time/patience.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Is it L or Ls?

gen2c said:
I would say 7.5k-9.5k
I'm not sure if it's L or LS, but you really think that that you could find one as low as $7.5k? There's one for sale on the forums for $12.5k and it's a 93 I believe. And the only 6 speeds on autotrader are upwards of $15k. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

-GR

·
Registered
655 Posts
here are some

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/...CURA&address=70301&search_type=used&x=64&y=10

You asked what a fair price is so I assumed after haggling, and remember to bring up the negative points/service costs. Normally ppl/dealer will go down at least10% unless theyre firm. Also the search field on autotrader isn't that reliable cause when I was searching for a specific type of car it would'nt come up but when I looked overall it would. And yes the fields I entered were correct.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey bro, thanks for the replies. The reason I started this thread was cuz I saw that coupe I mentioned listed at $8,800 and thought it was an incredible deal. I figure the guy should be willing to give it up for no more than 8 out the door. Anyway, I'm gonna go check it out and hopefully soon be a member of the exclusive 6 speed club :D

-GR

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think this'd be a good deal. Or, at least, I would like to think so :D

I bought mine six months ago for $8K. Had to do about $2K worth of work since then - mostly maintenance [belts, breaks, tires, $200 woth of painting, etc.] and the driver door handle thing. and it had 156K miles on it [has 168K now:rolleyes:]. I had fairly little time to look for the car but all the other legends I looked at although cheaper were either in crappy condition or salvage titled [one - for $6.5K]. I also live in the bay are where things are more expensive. I've seen legends from eslewhere advertised for about $5-7K. good luck!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I checked out the 6 speed today. It's a pretty car but it needed too much work. The clutch was pretty bad and the entire drive train needed some maintainance. Interior was a bit below my standards too. Oh well, the search goes on. Hopefully I'll be able to find a 94 or 95 instead of a 93.

-GR

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
The timing being replaced "not too long ago" should have been a big hint that the car, in general, hasn't /hadnt been taken care of properly.

Since the recommended mileage is 90k.

:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jose3030 said:
The timing being replaced "not too long ago" should have been a big hint that the car, in general, hasn't /hadnt been taken care of properly.

Since the recommended mileage is 90k.

:)
Funny part is that it sounded like it hadn't been replaced at all. It had that special "needs a new timing belt" whistle.

-GR

·
Registered
168 Posts
I bought mine in October of last year for $5500.00
Of course in the midwest it has some rust around the real wheels and nicks all over. Also came w 200000 miles and a junkyard engine. Didnt know that until it blew. tach said 90000 hehe Replaced it now. SHE RUNS GREAT NOW. AFTER New engine, radiator, fan motor, cv joints, 1 new tire, engine, all hoses, thermostat, belts, water pump, rotors, and passenger upper and lower ball joints... oh yeah plugs, wiper blades, wiper hose, and something else I can't forget.:D I mean remember

1 - 12 of 12 Posts