Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 94 Sedan L with the type I engine...im lookin for a nice air intake. i previously purchased one of those generic intakes off procarparts.com but those bastards stole my money and won't return calls/emails :mad: but anyway, whats a good intake i could get for a max of $110-120? if its not in the price range, tell me anyway and please say how much roughly aite thanks

·
Registered
702 Posts
go with weapon-r dragon intake, looks really nice, sounds smooth, can't go wrong with that. i have it and i love it, just looks killer with all those spikes coming out of the filter....cost about $150-$160 but well worth it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats the one from importtoys (what brand) and how does it compare with the weapon r dragon one? if it suffers sufficiently, then i may as well shell out the extra 40 bux and get the dragon thanks again

·
Registered
231 Posts
the guy at importtoys makes it, i'm not too sure about it's performance, having never had it. i've got the weapon r and it's great, if you're willing to shell out 160 then i'd suggest that. but if not the importtoys one is only like 60. perhaps somebody who has that intake could comment on it's performance...

G

·
Its funny how everyone thinks the same things... In the preformance and mod Forum I had this same topic brought up... Check there for responces...

I'm probably going to go w/ an RM intake since omst people have it and havent complained and the prfoemance was exceptional.

BTW it's around 200$

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Hey, I have the one from importtoys comin in this week, actually it should be tomorrow or wednesday. Ill put it on and tell yall about the performance upgrade. Im not sure what it will add, but all intakes seem to be the same, a pipe w/ a filter attached, on the legend.org site it showed how to make your own from pvc. anyway, i may just the dragon filter from weapon r. and eventually the CAI. BTW what is the difference between the ram air and the CAB.
Let yall know as soon as i figure out how the importtoys intake works out
peace
Tnelson

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've had the RM Racing intake for about 6 months now and I love it. It is more expensive ($200), but if you look at what cars RM Racing deals with (Ferrari, Acura NSX, Honda S2000, Corvette), well...obviously they know a little about performance, so I figured the extra 40 bucks was worth it. You can get it at www.rmrace.com. No problems/delays in receiving it and they responded within one day when I emailed them a question AFTER I already had the intake for like 3 months.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the importtoys sells a regular air intake, and then it sells the CAI, and then theres some package deal that sells both for like $170. is it possible to combine the air intake with the CAI? plus, is it true that if i order just the CAI, i have to like cut my fender open or somethin?

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I got the weapon-r hyper intake but havent installed it yet. I plan to convert it to a CAI and thats where you'll notice the difference in performance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts