Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they don't seem to list the brand...is this a cold air intake or a regular one?

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
It's their own brand and not a CAI. They're getting some real bad press over at H-A.net so you may want to go to importtoys.

·
Registered
917 Posts
It's a no name intake consisting of a Polished T-6061 mandrel-formed aluminum tube with a cone filter. They have them up on their website for $99, but they have terrible customer service. If you need info, forget it. Phones are answering machines that direct you in a loop & they do not reply to emails. Not saying that the product is bad for an inexpensive generic but caution this intake says it fits all 91-95 legends, not so if you have TCS (traction control system). I know cause I bought one on impulse and it won't fit a 2gen legend with TCS. If you have a non TCS legend & are interested, make me an offer.

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
hey guys, yea... they are kinda "shady" with a lot of stuff. BUT i did buy my corners and intake from them. so far i got both quick and fast. only complaint is the shipping price. then again.... i am from socal and live like 40 mins from them, and their address is on the website. maybe they just don't want to mess with people who can actually get them in person. anyhow, that's my $.02

·
Registered
217 Posts
What makes it where you cant use the intake if you have TCS?

·
Registered
917 Posts
What makes it where you cant use the intake if you have TCS?

Pipe is too long if you have TCS. Open your hood and look at where the TCS ends and where your intake tube would go. Compare that to the portion before the TCS and you will see that the pipe needs to be shorter and bent in a different direction. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Dave C ver2.0 said:
It's their own brand and not a CAI. They're getting some real bad press over at H-A.net so you may want to go to importtoys.
Why are they getting bad press?

I couldn't find the thread, anyway I bought my corners and bumpers and indiglo gauges from them. It all came and the shipping was pretty fast. Guess I'm lucky.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Re: What makes it where you cant use the intake if you have TCS?

pecan2phat said:
Pipe is too long if you have TCS. Open your hood and look at where the TCS ends and where your intake tube would go. Compare that to the portion before the TCS and you will see that the pipe needs to be shorter and bent in a different direction. Hope that helps.
All you need to do is take a hacksaw and lop off 2 or 3 inches of the intake to make it fit TCS equiped Legends.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
regardless of whether or not it's a name brand...is it actually a good intake? does it sound good, and can you tell if there's a HP boost?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts