Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i'm in the market for a new system, and just wanted your thoughts on what the absolute BEST system components would be out there (speakers, subs, amps). when i mean best i mean like screeching piercing highs and mind numbing bass; especially at high volume levels. money is not an issue at this point...any input is appreciated, thanks!

·
ƒŒƒWƒFƒ“ƒh
1,573 Posts
If you want the best get Xtant X amps, Xtant hexagonal subs or JL audio W7's and Earthquake is good too. MB Quart Q components or anything by A/D/S. The new flagship Alpine digital audio system is badass.... if you have ten grand to spend on a head unit. PPI makes good clean amps, I have a four amp setup with PPI for the highs and Xtant for the lows. If you cant afford the Alpine, the best sony headunit is nice at about 2 grand. Dont forget the $$$$ you will need to get a bad ass install with all this pricey equip. fiberglass neon, motorized amp racks the works. And dont feel bad having your worldy wealth in your trunk lol.

good luck

Dave

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
IMHO, if you have money to spend on a system, get the Alpine F1 Status components from Alpine. Enough said :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input guys, now, does anyone know where i could get these at? would they sell them in crutchfield or would i havta go around to local audio shops n look for them. thanks guys!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ever consider BRAX or HELIX amps? Rainbow or Focal speakers? That's the way to go in my opinion if you are looking for high end equipment. And for the record, we have all of the above, including the alpine and mb quart equipment.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hmmmmm.......... you want absolute best????? Play with the best..........., don't get Alpine F1 Status, it is only if you want to go multimedia with Dolby Digital Processing, but if you only want very high quality audio, get a headunit like Sony XES, Pioneer ODR, Clarion ADCS-1 or Clarion 9255. And for external processor, get at least Orion DEQ-30.

For front speakers, you need to get Rainbow, if you want the best. For sub, nothing can compare to Velodyne DF-12sc. It is already out of production, ask around, people will tell you the same.

As for amps, I swear by Brax. It is one of the best out there. These components will certainly make a nice big hole on your pockets, hehehhee............... and nope, you cannot buy these from crutchfield of that kind of places. Have to go to a specialty car audio shop, and for Velodyne, you have to hunt it around the world. :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
lets see, the best: there are serveral combinations but here you go:

HU: Denon Z1 (retail is like 4000 if not more???)

Processor: image dynamics IDone - probably around 2000?

amp: mcintosh MCM4000m? like what 3000?

subs: a few veledynes? 1000 a pop

speakers: rainbow reference 6.5 comps, 7000 retail, can be ha for like 4-5000?

all kimber kable, so figure a grand on wiring?

so basically about 10-15000 for equipment, add more if you want more amps/subs/speakers :)

not sure bout all the prices since I rarely look at those exotic items :)

b

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
holy jeez you guys sure know your audio. but that is just a LIL bit out of hand hahah...i meant like diamond audio or MB quarts or infinity, rockford fosgate, MTX or kickers, brands like that. i know i said money isn't an issue right now but that was a lil out of hand. nice to know that you guys are so knowledgable tho. i was thinking of MB quarts or infinity speakers/components and kicker subs.

·
92 LS *o*pe
466 Posts
I dont really think there are such a thing as THE BEST. The questions that you should ask are "I listens to such and such kinda of music and I have such and such amount of money to spend. What would be best for me? " If your objective is to buy the best then you better have a of $$$$. Once you been bitten by the sound bug you'll never be happy. Its a never ending pursue for true sound:) My best advice is to listen to the component in a car if you can because the sound room is never the same in the car. Good Luck with your search for the BEST :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
If money was no object i would have an alpine f1 headunit, brax amp, dynaudio speakers in kicks of course, and crystal comp subs.

·
P*mp!
1,252 Posts
u want the abslolute best?

go with all ECLIPSE components!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Re: u want the abslolute best?

WicKeD LeGEnD said:
go with all ECLIPSE components!!!
Don't you mean E-Skips???

:D

above average for everything, but nothing spectacular in my opinion. :) somewhat over priced as well :)

just my take though..

b

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Just know what you want, feature wise/sound wise, theres no need to spend more than your car is worth (blue book) on sound equipment & install, that would be mismanagement of money and priority and somewhat immature and foolish unless your in the NASCA or is it NACSA sound-off competition circuit or own a beat shop.

For about 3-4K you will be more than satisfied with some pretty decent equipment. it dosen't take 10g's to get a hole pounded through your neck.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
RenoG said:
Just know what you want, feature wise/sound wise, theres no need to spend more than your car is worth (blue book) on sound equipment & install, that would be mismanagement of money and priority and somewhat immature and foolish unless your in the NASCA or is it NACSA sound-off competition circuit or own a beat shop.

For about 3-4K you will be more than satisfied with some pretty decent equipment. it dosen't take 10g's to get a hole pounded through your neck.
Well, the reason why crazy people like us put more money into our cars then it's worth isn't because we don't have good money management skills. It's more in the way of customizing and self gratifacation. Making the car to reflect it's owner, of sorts.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
RenoG said:
And then it gets stolen...life, sometimes ya have to learn the hard way.
Insurance (At least mine) covers it as long as you provide the receipts. My insurance was willing to cover my JDM 1 piece headlights as long as I got the receipt for the cost. As for the stereo, either I provide the receipt, or they specify a local Car Audio shop that they work with to get an estimate of your systems value, and you are covered for that amount. I agree though, one could put a very nice system in a car for about $4000 or less.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts