Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should really be asking 91LSMAN this question but I'm curious to know what the best car wax/polish is on the market right now?

I'm looking for something that once applied (be it one step, two step or even a three step process) will give my ride a shine so bright and glossy, it'll appear as if my car is wet all the time.

Any suggestions?

·
aclegend
741 Posts
These are the products i use and so far im satisfied...

Wash the car thoroughly...

1.first clay the car.
Canadian Tire

2. Wash the car again...

3. if u want to remove swirls, use this...takes a lot of time though to get it perfect.
Canadian Tire

4. Then use the polish...make sure to work the polish in really well, this is what gives the paint the wet shine, apply 2 coats if the car has not been polished before.
Canadian Tire

5. Apply wax. this is the best one available so far.
Canadian Tire

6. Lastly, apply the tire shine, and windex the glass all around
Canadian Tire

These products are also available at Partsource for cheaper...

The only thing better than this would be to buy a dual action polisher, makes it easier and quicker.

·
Registered
94 Posts
dude the Ice from turtle wax is awsome and easy..... if u take ur time to wash.... i mean DETAIL and then apply this..... ur car will shine...... if u feel ur car is ruff or dull..... areofoam ur car ( its like a whip cream clay bar in a can its FAST and IT WORKS) then continue to wash then ice again. if this doesnt satisfy u then im sorry but ull need to fork out like $200 on a buff job.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
oh man such misinformation here it's not even funny.... :rolleyes:

The BEST wax/sealant is completely subjective and can be biased, baised on color of car, type of paint, condition of paint, etc...

Autopia - Autopia Home is your friend in this case

EDIT: I personally like the Klasse twins for ease of use and longevity of shine/protection...another good top coat would be Collinite 845, Pinnacle Souveran (not liquid, strictly paste) for dark colors, Zainos Bros, etc...

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I'll agree with the above =)

Two things: first, Autopia.org. Awesome website and you get detailing/car-care nutjobs from all over the world giving their best advice, experience, and honest opinions. Second, it's all subjective. What works best for one person may not necessarily be the best for another.

My car for example is a 1993 sedan, Geneva Green pearl (G-62P). It started as an East coast car, I picked it up about four years ago but it is never kept in the garage. Every day it is out in the California sun subjected to heat, pollution, and direct sunlight minus the couple days I can land a shaded parking spot at school or work. Paint is still in pretty good shape minus the profuse chips and nicks in the bumper/hood and some scratches in the front left fender and driver's side door. Also some oxidation just under the surface of my factory spoiler. Here's what works for me:

-As far as car waxes, I like Meguiar's Gold Class the best. When I'm in a rush I'll use Meguiar's NXT Gen wax because it goes on very easily and wipes off in just one swipe, but Gold Class still layers better, thicker, and it's easier to get a real deep reflection out of it. I've tried Zaino, Mother's, Turtle Wax, and so on but I have still gotten the best results on my car with Gold Class.

-As far as polishes: honestly I don't use polish. I simply clay bar and wash my car often. The closest thing I use to polish is ScratchX, but I use that sparingly and almost always only on the lower parts of my car (e.g. not my hood or fenders).

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
you cannot effectively polish any car by hand....you will need a random orbital, rotary (not for the noob detailer) or dual action rotary (DEFINITELY not for the noob detailer) and a good mix of cutting pads, polishing pads, finessing pads, etc...

and as an FYI, you really can't get good quality wax at Pep Boys, Aid Auto, Auto Barn, etc.... You'd need to order from a concours store to get quality product (We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store is a fav of mine)

the best over the counter product that any of those stores would sell would be Meguiars NXT....

(I'm a detailer on the side and have done years of research to back my subjective findings)

·
Registered
891 Posts
I used to swear by meguiars wax and polish (still great stuff!) but I've come to really like the optimum line of polish (applied with porter cable) and poorboy's blue paste wax

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
you cannot effectively polish any car by hand....you will need a random orbital, rotary (not for the noob detailer) or dual action rotary (DEFINITELY not for the noob detailer) and a good mix of cutting pads, polishing pads, finessing pads, etc...

and as an FYI, you really can't get good quality wax at Pep Boys, Aid Auto, Auto Barn, etc.... You'd need to order from a concours store to get quality product (We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store is a fav of mine)

the best over the counter product that any of those stores would sell would be Meguiars NXT....

(I'm a detailer on the side and have done years of research to back my subjective findings)
Ive never heard of a DA rotary, only of a DA polisher and a rotary/highspeed polisher. The DA is actually for the newb because it barely rotates. The rotary on the other hand, thats all it does.

As far as best polish, like everyone else has said, its completely subjective. i myself use the Meguiars Mirror Glaze line with my PC/G100 buffer. Some auto part stores do carry Meguiars Mirror Glaze, but what they do carry is often just Hi-Tec Yellow Carnuba #26. Also, you can make your car look better by hand, but the results and man power used gets trumped when you do it with a buffer.

If your looking to do some of the mirror glaze line for polishing, pick up meguiars #80 or #83 and then get #26 or #21. All awesome products.

autodetailingsolutions.com often has some of the best prices for meguiars products.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the advice fellas and lady. I'll definately check out Autopia and hopefully get Candie sparkling for the up and coming Toronto Legend meet where she'll be making her resurrection comeback :)

·
Mr. Couper
1,132 Posts
I won't use anything other than 3M products, not because they're the absolute best, but due to the fact that most body shops use it. Of course, any wax will add shine to a dull finish. My job is to remove all paint imperfections including acid rain, swirls, deep scratches, over-spray, paint drips, orange peel, etc. Therefore, I choose 3M extra cut 3000, glaze, ultrafina glaze, and whatever wax I feel enhances the color of a particular car. Therefore, I use a 4 step process on most cars, and some cars I use only 2 steps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
gotta try it-great!

Product just released to the public Jan 2008 and has been in the works for about 5+ years in developing it, to make it perfect!

Anyone seen the ultra luster car protective glaze polsih. It is a waterless car polish wash and protective glaze-used by mostly show car owners.

Easy to apply and clean and polish your car in about 15-20 min. with perfect deep shine results and feels like silk and last!
This product is outstanding and a winner!
You can use on any styles of painted surfaces, enamel, basecoat clearcoat, laquer, emron and more. I have tested this product on all paint surfaces with perfect results evertime on all of them, this is truly amazing *** hthese results..

You can use it in sun, heat with no streaks period. Easy to use with superior results, removes bugs,tar and sap and light oxidation and water spoting.

If you care about your cars finish and looks, you need to try this product!

An owner of a detail shop and I have several show cars-you won't find a simpler or better working product that works with super quality results, no streaks,smears and perfect deep shine and can you even use it on all the black plastic and glass without leaving a mark!
Just use it for 30 seconds and you will fall in love!

contact me for more info;
limited time offer 25% discout on all product if you try it now
also can get it at 50% off of a limited time...

100% Money Back Guaranteed Product!

get it wholesale here> UltraLuster :: Waterless Car Wash Technology

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
dude you only need to post it once. More then that your spamming. Also, where is the dirt going after you spray the cleaner on your paint? I dont see any cleaning of the mit, so im guessing your rubbing dirty body panels and just grinding in the dirt with a dirty mitt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
dude you only need to post it once. More then that your spamming. Also, where is the dirt going after you spray the cleaner on your paint? I dont see any cleaning of the mit, so im guessing your rubbing dirty body panels and just grinding in the dirt with a dirty mitt.
glad you asked... spray it on let set for about 30 seconds to desolve the dirt- what does not get desolved is capulated in the product and the surface is lubricated. wipe -push one direction- let haze. use different rag a micro fiber rag then buff to a shine like you have never seen.

I know it sounds crazy but it works.. I do it on my black NSX and my black legend while dirty.. No problem period and a slick deep mirror shine better than when new!

An if you dont want to use it the way it was designed ,wash it, then use it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts