Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for the long post but PLEASE read it and give me your opinions.

yes... i HAVE searched, but the other posts about spark plugs arent clear about what exactly IS the best spark plug for the legend. people have said that the Denso's are good but a) cost alot, b) blow out alot, and c) dont last very long (only like 15kmiles). people have also said that the NGK's platinums are good... but i dont know which one(s) to get. PFR6G-11 (normal driving) or PFR5G-11 (cold climates).

im moving into a colder climate (denver, co) but since ill be entering the area during a warm season, summer, im thinking that the PFR6G-11 will be fine. i dont know how "cold" the climate has to be to need the PFR5G-11. is this a good choice? also wheres a good place to buy them (aside from the ebay auctions)? ALSO what are some good replacement spark plug wires? the ones i have are original and have almost 192k miles on em.

-brandon

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the heat range refers to the heat exposure of the plug in the cylinder, not the weather. A "hot" plug has the electrodes a little further in and is subjected to more heat....this might be used in a car that idles a lot, like police or taxi use, to keep from carbon buildup. for your use, the standard plug is the one you want.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
UnSeEnLeGeNd said:
i got iridium plugs...herd that platinum plugs werent really a good conductor.
Platinum is the best of both worlds. It is the best at being both a great conductor and one that can last for a long time. That is its sole purpose. It is true Iridium is a better conductor than Platinum, but it cannot last nearly as long as a Platinum plug.

The best conductor is Copper. Copper's major issue is that it cannot last long. Copper plugs must be changed every 15,000 miles.

·
Registered
847 Posts
get the normal heat range one

G

·
So is there going to be a performance increase from switching to copper, and is the only disadvantage that you have to change them more often, cause that doesn't bug me.

Does copper conduct better than iridium, and iridium better than platinum?

And how long do the iridium plugs last? Thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i use Nology Silverstone spark plugs.

"Silver is the best electrical and thermal conductor of any metal. This makes Silverstone™ the best spark plugs in the world. Period!"

[that's off their web site]

i think they perform much better than the NGK plugs they replaced, just my opinion.

www.nology.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.