Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo,
First off I have had a Bandpass in the past in my Buick Skylark. I went ahead and bought a sealed for my Acura and gave my bandpass to my brother. The problem is I don't think the quality of a sealed is all that great to be honest??!? I expected tight acurate great sounding thumping low bass at the cost of sacrificing volume but I am not seeming to be getting that. OK I lied when I was going through the process of re-wiring my cars audio system I had my back seats out for about 2 weeks. In that two weeks I got spoiled! I loved the sound my sealed was putting out but now that my seats are back in the voulme has dramatically decreased and so has the sound quality (What good is having sound quality if it's going to sound insulated anyway?!!??) So now I am ready to switch out my box for another ported style box so I could get my thump back. Azian Pride seems to have convinced me to build a vented box. I am heavily considering doing it as there are plans on the kicker.com website to build a vented box for my subs. Any style box that would be better for my subs ya'll???

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the thing about the kicker's box is that is requires so much volume(2.5 CB ft). with that requirement, you'd probably be able to fit only 1 sub. i've been asking around if anyone has 2 12" in a vented box but had no response. i might just try to make one this weekend and see if it sounds any good.
if it doesn't work, i guess i'll go for a dual sealed box with 1.33 CB ft chambers.
-j

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
i was wondering that too............that the Legend seems to have a really tightly insulated trunk............and a sealed enclosure might not be able to be heard loud enough??? both outside and inside the car???

i was thinking 2 12" good quality subs (rockford fosgate, mtx, audiobahn etc) that are putting out at least 1,000 watts RMS total.....................in a sealed enclosure. with an equally powered amp.

what do you guys think? sound quality?? can be heard thumoing from far?

·
Registered
449 Posts
i was thinking 2 12" good quality subs (rockford fosgate, mtx, audiobahn etc) that are putting out at least 1,000 watts RMS total.....................in a sealed enclosure. with an equally powered amp.
That's a very false statement. The handling power has nothing to do with how it will sound. Generally it would but a 400 watts quality sub can hit harder and sound better than a 1500 watts sub. all those brands you listed are entry level line unless you gor their very top of the line stuff. But MTX? quality sub? Audiobahns are new and are very solid subs. Most of the audiobahns subs are for SPL meaning you'll feel and hear the booom but u won't get the sound quality like u would with some other subs out there.

If you're serious about sound get a pair of IDMax 12 and strap it up with a bd1500 (sync a pair of bd1500 together) in a sealed box with 1.25^3 cu ft/champer. I dare you to max everything out, your ears might start to bleed but the sound is gonna still stay crystal clear.

If your amp is limited to maybe 500 watts get a pair of IDQ 12v2 and play it in a sealed box you're gonna like it better than any subs you find at your local stores for about the same price. If you're going with a vented enclosure be prepare to lose some notes from your bass.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I will definately be pulling more spl with the 8000's. But it's for the shows...I'm not a street bumper, I don't like pissing off my neighbors.

MTX used to suck in my opinion but they have impressed me recently. Check out the new SPL MTX and tell me they are not good quality!!...or the 8000's!! Have you been to an IASCA lately?? Check out what MTX is offering before you bash them. I've been working with car audio perfessionally for 8 years now and they sure as he!! impress me and I'm very difficult to impress. I would take these new 8000's over FOCAL, DIAMOND, and JL all of which my shop stocks regularly. Don't get me wrong these are all top quality...but MTX has something with these products they are putting out now. But I also am very appreciative of the KICKER L7's too!!!

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
i was thinking about the Rockford Fosgate Power HX2's (1000 watts RMS) or even the HX2's (500 watts RMS)............and the bd1500 amp......................but all that stuff is so expensive......

maybe good subs with a cheap high power amp?

maybe those subs, with a lanzar or phoenix gold or something?

·
Registered
449 Posts
If u want cheap power. I recommend the JBL BP1200.1 you can have a brand new one for about 280 shipped those things have been benched to put out over 1400 watts. Even though it says it's stable at 2 ohms you can still wire them with a 1 ohm load. U wouldn't get any increase in power but it'll still be safe. The only thing about the amp is that it doesn't have a subsonic filter which mean u gotta becareful if using in a ported/vented enclosure. The power HX2 are very nice u can get them for about 250 a piece shipped to your door. But there are a lot better subs for the money. Adhire shiva can be had for about 250/pair shipped at amp man audio. Another amp to consider is the new lightning audio. Fosgate now owns lightning audio and the s1000.1 is the exact same thing as the bd1000 with a different badge on it. THere might be a few other difference but you'll still get the fosgate power.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
where can i get the power hx2's for $250 each shipped to my door??? ideally id want two 12" power HX2's, and two bd1500's to power them.....................but thats mAd $$$$$$$....................

OR what else can i get that will give me the SAME amout of sound quality, SPL, loudness, that ""chest pounding and aching" feeling, and reliability as this set up, but for less money..............??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts