Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slammed

Votes: 1 5.3%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why does everyone with a legend seem to only drop it 1 inch. Its a hell of a lot more fun slammed all the way....

I wanna know why people choose to not lower all the way

use the poll and pick the lowering of your car!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
For me, slammed brings too many problems, the Legend is my daily driver, I don't want to have to worry about Speed Bumps, and backing out of my slanted driveway. We have speed bumps in our neighborhood pretty near by that I always have to cross. And it's residential street, so it's not like I would be able to go around them.

Also, the most popular is the EIBACH for the Legend, which gives a 1" - 1" 1/2 drop. This one I *might* consider. When I have lots of $$ hehe

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah you should get eibach, and ground controls come with eibach and you get adjustability.

The springs work great on my setup

·
Registered
94 Posts
groundcontrol>>what kind of shocks are you sittin on? and how much did ur whole setup cost you?

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I also thought that the lower u go, the more your camber is off?
And since no one sells a camber kit for our cars, isn't it better to keep around 1 inch?

what do u guys think?
Estu

·
Registered
151 Posts
For me, I have only dropped mine a little bit for many reason.

First, the Pro Kits only drop it a little, and in my opinion, Eibach makes some of the best springs. So despite the drop only be a little bit, I go with them for pure quality.

Also, I deal with speed bumps and angled streets and driveways. So it is an issue of practicality.

Lastly, I don't like the look of a "slammed" car. In my opinion, they look terrible. To me, there is a big difference between a 'lowered' car, and a 'slammed' car. For instance, a race car, with only 1/2 an inch of clearence does not look 'slammed' because it is setup for that. That looks good to me. A normal car with NO ground clearence looks cheap.

But I understand that my opinion is not widely shared, so no disrespect to my 'slammed' bretheren out there!! Everyone has their own taste, and no one person has the "correct" taste!!

Praise The Lowered!!
-FurBall 12:3

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a car handles a lot better lower you go.....
race cars go lower than 1/2 inch, they are usually dropped
all the way and setup with adjustable suspension...

If anyone is thinking of lowering thier car, go ground control
you get the eibachs everyone keeps saying are the best, and you can go lower than the measly 1 inch with every other brands.

If you lower your car, it should not look stock

but as furball says
everyone has thier own taste

·
Registered
155 Posts
I disagree.. I think many cars, stock, look slightly too high off the ground. Lowering it an inch fixes that. If I drop it so its basically dragging on the ground... thats too much. I don't want it to look wild, just fix a slight imperfection. In my not so humble opinion, people should look at it and not quite be able to tell whats different, just that it looks better. If I wanted to be garish I'd glue rhinestones to the body.

There is also practicality. Yes, you can get used to driving with a really low car, but it always will be a problem, and if you live somewhere with bad roads it's amazingly irritating. What's more, if you live in hills you can just forget about going into any driveway. Now most of the year I live in a flat, well paved city but when I go home for the summer it's all potholes and wildly slanted driveways. As it is I keep hitting the front lip on things, and in the hills my muffler always takes a beating.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lowering and camber

I've read that you can have a drop up to 1 1/2" and still be fine. Anything past that and you start having camber problems.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The best lowering, IMO, makes a car look more proportional. You see how much wheel gap the Legend has? If you look to the front and rear of the wheel, there is less gap. It looks great if you lower if so that the gap is even all the way around the tire. Kinda like this:

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I purchased my 88 Legend, it was already lowered 2
inches. I feel that the factory sets the car a little high. I dont
like to be able to see the parts under the car. Anyways, it handles great being lowered. However, speed bumps and
slanted sidewalks suck all. I can navigate over them without
scraping too bad, but it can be an irritant. I wouldnt lower it
anymore for 2 main reasons. 1 because im not a fan of high
centering on small objects...and 2 (without any disrespect to slammers out there) I think the cars that are slammed look pretty sweet till they are driving down the road. Maybe its bad shocks but it looks silly how they bounce on normal road wear and tear.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
The reason why they bounce is b/c the idiots probably lowered the car by cutting the springs. bad idea!!!!!!

I was behind a lowered civic hatch back a while ago and the car would bounce (and keep on boucing) after every little bump.
It's also easier for the driver to lose control of the vehicle.

Esti

1 - 15 of 15 Posts