Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,
In my previous post I was asking about any noticable differences between a 91 L Coupe and the newer car I had just replaced it with - a 93 LS Coupe. I do understand all the differences in trim level- my question concern performance.
I have driven the 93 car for less than one month now and notice a difference in the way the auto trans shifts. I know the type II motor has the extra power, but does this show up off the line, or at higher speeds.
My experance so far is I feel the 91 Coupe was faster 0-60 mph, the 93 car is way faster 50-90+ mph. Also, the trans has a much harsher shift from 1st-2nd in the newer car.
What do you think? Thanks for any responce.
Like the new color.
Mark

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Harsh 1-2 shift is no big deal. However, if the shift is extremely harsh or if the gear does not catch then you may have a deeper tranny issue to resolve. Also, if there is severe harshness or the car vibrates or lurches after shifting then you may also need to replace the tranny mount. Tranny mounts are a common replacement on legends and are not too much money or hassle to get fixed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts