Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know what the difference is between a weapon r dragon intake and just a regular CAI. i always thought that a dragon intake was a CAI?? if not, what gives you better performance, HP gain, etc etc. please help, i'm confused as a motherf*cker.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The dragon intake is a short ram intake. A cold air intake is one that goes all the way down near the bottom of the car. The point of this is get the coldest air possible (since cold air is denser than hot air). In my opinion, any cold air intake would be better than the dragon intake because of the air temp. Fact is, the air in the engine bay is hot as hell and no matter what kinda filter you have, that's still the air you're gonna get with a short ram intake. Plus, I'm not a big fan of those foam filters (used to have one). Hope that helps.

-GR

·
Registered
41 Posts
Now if that's the case of the engine bay temp being hot as hell, wouldn't the stock system which gets it cold air from the front of the car out perform the aftermarket ones with the filter within the engine bay? Also for those who know the diff from Weapon R & RM Racing intakes, which performs better?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I do not believe there is a difference between Weapon R and RM. The Weapon R is just regular warm air intake that replaces the restrictive air box. The airbox and the filter from WR are pretty much in the same place except you have the exposed filter on the WR so it allows more air to get in.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Giordano said:
Now if that's the case of the engine bay temp being hot as hell, wouldn't the stock system which gets it cold air from the front of the car out perform the aftermarket ones with the filter within the engine bay? Also for those who know the diff from Weapon R & RM Racing intakes, which performs better?
acutally, the stock intake gets air inside the engine bay as well. Remove your stock intake box(top&bottom), look at the fender side, and that big hold there is where the air is being sucked in. The air then travels down to the resonater in the bumper and then travels up to the bottom hole where air enters the stock box. So, stock intake is getting hot air, has a very restrictive opening, has a very restrictive route, and meets a very restrictive paper filter. It's very amazing that the car can pull 200hp out of this kind of design, lol~

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well, Claus got to answer your question before I did Giordano. But if you took all the restrictions off the stock intake and put in a K&N filter, you'd probably get as much power as you would from an aftermarket short ram, if not more.

-GR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts