Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think it was last saturday night my sister came to visit. she wanted some thing to eat so my mom had me take her up to BK and get her somim. after that i was to pick up my mom a drink from Exxon's dash in tiger mart or somim like that. my sister stayed in the car while i went in to the store i told her to watch my temp gauge. i go in handle my duty come back to be greeted by my remus smoking something nasty nice. i get in and thought okay whatever but as i backed up i saw the smoke come across the front of the car, i pulled off and smelled oil. like oil was ;left on an exhaust manifold. then to look back and see smoke just leaping from the rear of my ,still paper-tagged, car i look at the temp gauge and this thing has sky rocketed up towards the red. but as i move it plummeted quickly. but since then i have been getting whitish-blue smoke from my tail pipe that lingers like oil smoke but smells sweet(which i cant remember what it is) either anitfreeze or somim else. i think my bucket headed sister let my Legend blow a head gasket, cause her stupid ass was in there just callin people on my cellphone and playin with my stereo. but im not sure because im in denial about what the sweet smell is. but its not blue blue like oil smoke and its not plain white like antifreeze. im praying that its not a head gasket.

if you know what the sweet smell is than please break me out of my denial. i dont want it to be a head gasket. URRGH my sister gets on my nerves sometimes. damn i just got this car. UUUHH man, she mad cause she got a bucket so she's just gonna sabbatage my dream car. hmm ima calm down because i think i have enough time to fix it. AAAAAAARRRRRGGHGHGHGH DDAAAAAAMMMMMMMIIITTITITTTT SSHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIII**********FFFFFFFFF************************************************** (expletives deleted)

sorry moderators, just had to vent. but it's a 91 LS, do they blow gaskets easily. please let me know.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Hate to tell you this, but sounds like you may have a blown head gasket. If so, it would have gone soon anyway. Seems like it didn't take much to blow it, so it was just a matter of time. See if you can trace a crack in your radiator.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't understand how you can smell something "sweet." The last time I checked your sense of taste can detect whether something is "sweet." I don't understand why everyone automactically panics and assumes their head gasket is shot whenever their car over heats or smokes. Just b/c a few people complain that they had problems with bad head gaskets doesn't mean that it's a common problem. Although your car does seem really sick. I would get it checked out before making any assumptions. Why are you blaming your sister!!!!!!!????????? What did she do? It's not like your head gasket blew because of her. If it goes it goes. Just get your car check out ASAP.

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
The sweet smell is antifreeze. The head gasket does not blow easily. It is not your sisters fault that it blew because your car obviously has a problem. You shouldn't have to watch it all the time to keep it from overheating. I good running car will idle all day with no problems. You got screwed buying this car and you should complain to the dealership if that's where you bought it. If you bought privately then you should have gotten the car checked out before you bought it. Your loss.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
nope the guy i bought it from told me all the probs and i knew i can fix these probs easily just the inconvenience of having to do the work but pleasure equals pain but in this case pain only last for a couple of days. all it is is a head gasket and radiator. radiator easy to put in head gasket should only take a couple of days to do. I feel offended you think i got screwed because Jared is an honest guy. but anyways my sisters 19 almost 20 i think she can take directions to turn off the car when she sees a needle move. she knows what needle it was. but hey.
Aint nuthin to it but to do it

BTW im not mad at her. Im just blown. hehe like my gasket. just venting i know she aint did nuthin. i just should have cut the car off. its my fault. and i should have cut the a/c off cause the i disconnected it and the condenser just heated the air goin in its my stupidity. the Battery was good i could have started it again after 2 mins of it sitting w/ the radio on. hmm okay im alright it still running right now so im happy.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hey, at least it's better to find out now than to find it out during a long trip. SMILE:D I've had the HG problem as well. All I can tell you is that the HG was fixed last year and no problem ever after. And I just replaced the T/B, water pump, and all the fluids, now the car runs like new:D

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Ummmm. Why are you driving a car that has a known overheating problem. Before starting your repair effort be sure to get a Helms manual. Hope you have a good set of metric tools and a torgue wrench. Might as well do the timing belt and water pump while you have everything apart.

I passed on this car at $1500 because I got enough to do. So even with the engine problems you got a decent deal.

You might want to consider just finding a good low mileage used engine and swap the whole thing out. Probably not much more expensive and much easier to do.

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
There's no way in hell that that motor has only 26k miles on it. I hate it when those junkyard fools lie about that stuff because there's no way for us to check it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts