Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember from the old days that there is a project for the carbon fiber hood (sedan/coupe)

how is the progress so far? thanks

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
Nobody has had the chance to give up their stock hood so they can make the mold for it. The sedan and coupe hoods are a lot different, so we need donor hoods for both.

G

·
a long time ago on honda-acura.net on the legend page they had a guy selling his carbon fiber coupe hood... I thik it was the same guy who use to sell the EDM clear corners... He had it on a red coupe and it looked hot as hell...

He had a hook up I belive that sold the for 1K w/ shipping..

Too bad I cant remember his name..

·
Registered
802 Posts
there is a company in Japan that custome fabricates carbon fiber hoods but expect to pay through the a$$. I'll check approximate pricing for us

·
:)
436 Posts
I will be making a mold for the coupe hoods when I take my car to my friends shop to get painted. It will probably be in about two months.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am interested if there is a carbon fiber hood for sedan. my hood need to be repainted as well the whole car. if i can get carbon fiber hood, it will be SWEET. my car is black, so it will definitely look good.

·
436 Posts
As I said it will be maby about two months, I have a coupe so that will be the first mold to be made, I should be able to get a mold of a 4dr from Isaac if he is down, he lives out here, he is te one that let me use his 4dr headlights for the 4dr eyelid molds. I will let everyone know when the time comes, first things first though, I have to finish the eyelids and then I have some other orders to work on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
pjslegend said:
As I said it will be maby about two months, I have a coupe so that will be the first mold to be made, I should be able to get a mold of a 4dr from Isaac if he is down, he lives out here, he is te one that let me use his 4dr headlights for the 4dr eyelid molds. I will let everyone know when the time comes, first things first though, I have to finish the eyelids and then I have some other orders to work on.
Like my order PJ ?? hehehe :D :D :D

Keith.

·
Registered
702 Posts
HEHE, well i can always donate my hood for my sedan...i can ask the body shop to give me the old hood they replaced with a new one...ONLY problem is that there is a huge dent through the center of the hood from the point of impact of a ford crown victoria!!!! :D

hehe, i'm just playing, unless somebody really wants a twisted up carbon fiber hood!

·
436 Posts
You should have them by Friday or Saturday Keith, I gues I had that's what I get after all the gag e-mails I sent you about those:D
Please post a pic when they show up and you get them on, your car should look cool with it's new shades:cool: If you could try and get a shot that shows the weave too.

Thanks
P.J.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey - pjslegend.
My real name is PJ.
Maybe when you finish hooking up your ride you could give it to me.
In fact I'll come to Hawaii to pick it up.
Then I can change my name to Triple Legend.

(all in fun- baby)

·
436 Posts
what does your PJ stand for, mine is Philip James and this Legend is for Philip James :) Sorry, you can come and check it out but this bad boy stays with me :cool: :cool: :cool:

That's cool though it looks like PJ's have good taste, this is my second Legend so in all both of the PJ's on this board have owned two Legend's, not too shaby.

Later

1 - 15 of 15 Posts