Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in regards to lowering a car (it doesnt really need to be a legend in paticular) whats TOO low? i know wheels and tires affect this measurement but would, say 2", be too much to lower any vehicle and still make it over speed bumps, etc..?

-brandon

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
My friend got his Honda Civic stuck on a manhole cover... it (the manhole cover) was only about 1-2" high... I guess that the Civic was just too low... he later lost his ENTIRE exhaust system after he went over a speed bump... funny...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Darkstar said:
in regards to lowering a car (it doesnt really need to be a legend in paticular) whats TOO low? i know wheels and tires affect this measurement but would, say 2", be too much to lower any vehicle and still make it over speed bumps, etc..?

-brandon
Right now I have my legend dropped about 2.1 inches in the front (only half of the wheel showing) and about 1.75 inches in the rear as I put the koni perch in the middle instead of the bottom with my ground controls. If is very drivable I must say, but I did rub my oil pan or something the other day over a speed bump. I am running my stock tires for now as it is sunny one day here and the next it is snowing and I don't want to put my chrome rims through salt.

When I do put my 18's on I will lower the back to match the front as I have just rolled back my rear fender (but someone hit it while backing out and just drove away, so I need so major body work again).
I may drop it down another 1/2 an inch all round if I feel for it because the ride is still pretty stock.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
too low in my mind is when you plow the streets for the city when it snows which is what i was doing before.

as long as you have about 5" clearance at the lowest part of u'r car, you should be fine. i think stock was about 8 inches so i estimate youcan go 3" .

-j

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
If your front spoiler shaves snakes, then you are too low.

You need to consider the oil pan.
Several yrs ago someone had a lowered Legend and in hitting some debris on the highway, punched a hole in the pan.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so if i lower my car 1.5" all around i should be fine? honestly i dont wanna rice over speedbumps or anything, id like to drive as close to stock as i can (but i still wanna lower my car). i think 1.5" plus a body kit is going to be low enough

-brandon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.