Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started getting road noise from them, their not bald at all and I'm not an aggressive driver, I got them back in August why all of a sudden I even rotated them, this still did not work, its consistant FWY/STREET, the size is 225/18/40 the tire are even properly inflated. I can't think of anything else, and so now I present this to my Legend Brothers. Whats up with my tires yall....

·
Registered
614 Posts
actually p7000's have a very long tread rating. The ones that dont last are the pzeros. When i got a flat on my front tire, i went and got a p7000 cuz they last long and are cheap. I think the road noise is just how the tire is. because i only hear road noise from my p7000. If your looking for a tire around the same price range. I highly recommend Dunlop W-10. Very quiet and lasts very long. Plus they are prob the cheapest 18 in tire you can buy.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Leon Millette said:
My experience with th ose Pirelli's is the y WEAR FAST!

Look good, waer fast... :(
Im with Leon. I was happy at first but they wore too fast for me, When I took them off the rim after less than 6000 miles they had dry rot (cracks) on the inside of all 4 tires. When I showed this to Discount Tire the kid at the counter told me that I drove them too hard. I told the snot nosed kid to kiss my a$$, I have bought tires before and never had this happen in such a short time. Thats BS they were just garbage tires.
I have Yokohama Parada's now and am very happy with them.
I must say I had another pair of Pirelli super sports on another car and they were great. I dont know if they use different compounds durring different runs or what but there was a difference in the tires for sure.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Let me know more about this. I just ordered some P7000 for my new 17 inch rims. I noticed the ride noise, and the sort of low repeate buyers. I do like the handling aspects, especially the wet ones. I have a day or so to cancel the order, so let me know.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
123 Posts

go get the alignment check completely......my sedan started giving a weird road noise all of a sudden last year and the tread started to wear of slowly.....i found out later that it was a alignment issue....you can always check you know.

G

·
I just brought some Pirelli SS7000 All season 215/40/18.. I'll see how they are in a few months...

I brought them cause they were the only 18's that I saw that were all season.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I really do not like them...

I have 225/40/18 P7000 Supersports on my car, and I really do NOT like them... Sure the handling (especially the wet) is EXCELLENT and they are really sharp looking, but geez! I go through these things like they are tanks of gas! They cost about $140 wholesale cost and so far I have put 4 new ones on in under the last year.

I bought my wheels and immediately (within 2 weeks) had a tire blow out which was found to be a manufacturing defect. All of a month later I had another one go. Then I had a nice little spurt of 3 months without losing another tire. At about the 4.5 month mark I had to replace ANOTHER tire which the tire shop said was a manufacturing defect, but I was NEVER credited back by Pirelli. A couple months later I had another one go. I started asking questions because my friend is rolling on 35 series Yokahamas and has only replaced one tire in the last year, but all I get back is that they are low profile and I have to watch how I drive!

I would still recommend these tires since they have excellent handling and seem to be wearing well for a high performance tire. (Why are they named "summer tires" when they handle SOOOOO well in wet conditions?)

PS: I think the Dunlop Sport w-10s are nice, but here in WA they are no joke expensive. Try about $239+ per tire. Then again, thats retail, and I NEVER pay retail...

:p

UPDATE:

I think that my problems are due to profile size and fairly bad roads around here. As far as handling in wet weather, I really do love these tires. I have NEVER had a problem with high speed cornering in wet conditions, and I live in WA (near Seattle) where it is rainy practically every day! Only taken them into snow once with no trouble.

·
Registered
614 Posts
p7000 handle well in wet? I havent heard anything but bad things about them in the wet. Both my roommates have had close calls in the wet with them. If you want good wet tires, try some bridgestone s03.
**** 240 per for w-10. They are 159 here in so kali.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I too do NOT like pirelli supersport P7000. I had them in 17"
I had the same experience as seasick, they wore out in less than 10k miles and cracked like he described and they were out of round. I never drive hard ever. The tires were fine in dry pavement, but they're a hazzard in wet and snow. I spun my car out in the first snow storm last winter and cracked one of my rims when I slid into a curb. It was only 3 inches of snow, that's nothing here in Michigan. I got yokohamas now and I really like them.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So you guys as soon as these tires go, what would be the next best tire under $200 ea. I live in Cali pretty good roads and mostly sunny, in 18'.

·
Registered
275 Posts
RenoG said:
I just started getting road noise from them, their not bald at all and I'm not an aggressive driver, I got them back in August why all of a sudden I even rotated them, this still did not work, its consistant FWY/STREET, the size is 225/18/40 the tire are even properly inflated. I can't think of anything else, and so now I present this to my Legend Brothers. Whats up with my tires yall....
How many miles have you put on them?

I've had mine for awhile and I've had a lot of problems/bad luck with them but road noise was/is(knock on wood) not one of them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have p7000 vizzolos on the front and theyre loud as hell. the sidewalls seemed softer than the michelins i had before too. theyre louder than my friends 40 series yoko parradas. i wont buy em again.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have about 3-4000 miles on them. They were very quite when I first got them but now it sounds like I have knobbies on my car. I will not get these again. Maybe Kumho's next.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts