Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yo Philly! why you dissing one of your own and one of the best player in the game, all he had was love for you and the city (City of Brotherly Love)-HaHa

Was it because he scored 31pts?
Took 25 Shoots?
Schooled Philly's own AI?
Whipped on the 76ers last year?

I say he call LA his hometown after that welcome.:D :D

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,216 Posts
He was just throwing salt on some old wounds that obviously hadn't healed yet. It really sucked to see that. The All-Star game had nothing to do with the Lakers or Philly. It was just the league's best getting together to show the fans a good time. It's unfortunate that the fans couldn't make that distinction. The Answer even sympathized with Kobe. Those Philly fans can get pretty crazy though.

On a side note, it was pretty clear within the first few minutes that Kobe was after the MVP award...good to see him get it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I thought it was one of the better all-star games of the past few years. It was nice knowing the greatest (MJ) can actually miss a dunk. ^.^

·
Registered
142 Posts
Trix said:
I thought it was one of the better all-star games of the past few years. It was nice knowing the greatest (MJ) can actually miss a dunk. ^.^

I was at a laker game about 10 years ago when MJ stole a pass and missed a wide open reverse dunk.. Everyone in the Fourm was out of there seats, it was great...

As far as Kobe getting boooed, I like to agree with chris webber by saying that that the taunts were a sign of respect, and Also the fact that the Sixers got their asses handed to them last year in the finals, I think that has alot to do with it.. It wasn't just kobe.. Derek Fisher got booed big time the day before during the 3 on 3 games..

Those philly fans are known for that thought, They once booed Santa Clause at a sporting event!

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
LIVING_LEGEND said:

Those philly fans are known for that thought, They once booed Santa Clause at a sporting event!
:eek: :eek: :eek: oh my, not Santa, those bastards. And they are suppose to be the city of brotherly love. :D :D

But it did kinda bother me that they would boo him like that. I guess they were jealous that AI didnt live up to their hype and that the Lakers did whip they @$$ last year. Oh well, but the trophy speaks for itself.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Personally, he seems like an arrogant and self-obsorbed person.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Last season a friend of mine who does marble and tile work was lucky enough to do some work on Kobe's house when he used to live in pacific palasades. When he told kobe about how big of a fan he was of the lakers and how he plans his work schedule early so he can get home to watch laker games, Kobe gave him an autographed Jersey, an autographed pair of shoes, Along with three other pairs, all different colors..an autographed basketball.. . And 3 autographed posters, one of which is now hanging in a frame in my office.. On top of that he gave him a pair of box seat tickets to any two games of his choice along with dinner at the staples resturant..

He was blown away at how cool Kobe was in person

·
Registered
444 Posts
Trix said:
dude the whole game was a joke. i've been a laker fan for as long as i've been born (not long actually) and by the looks of it the east should of murdered the west...

they were all just screwing around a bit. yea those fouls weren't necessary. an all star game doesn't count for crap. thats why shaq missed the last three. it doesn't go on your record so you can only either injure yourself or make a fool out of yourself. and i'm not quite sure... but i don't think they get paid for an all-star game.

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,216 Posts
mythical89 said:
but i don't think they get paid for an all-star game.
They actually do get paid if they make it to the all-start team. I'm not exactly sure how much, but I wanna say it's somewhere in the tens of thousands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts