Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
nothing wrong with 18's. who says there's something wrong?
crappy roads? true. but that's the price you pay.
i'm experimenting with 19's right now. gonna see how long i can last on the NYC roads. =)
i give it about 3 months until my first major dent.
-j

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
18's are the Sh!t

I know pretty much every inch of Albuquerque NM, so I avoid the areas with bad roads. Plus I only drive 9 miles to work. So, I say dodge the pot holes. Stick with the 18's.

G

·
I got my rims when I got in an accident a while back, and as a result had to buy them very fast and hadn't researched anything at all. If I could go back and do it all over I would have got t he 18" ADR GT-Sports instead of my 17" ones, but it's going to be a while until I get to that point that I'll change cause what I have now looks good and there is a lot of other stuff that I want to do. I just spent $360 yesterday on two new Michelin Pilot Sports :eek:

G

·
18's or better.. But Make sure if your going to ride 17's that are worthy of the legend... matter a fact any rims you put on the Legend...

·
Registered
398 Posts
legendarith said:
ok excellent, i just got a set of 18's with tires... being shipped as I speak...
Haha!! Darith was freakin out for a minute, werent ya.:D
BTW, does anyone know about RH Evolutions, i am planning on getting the s7's in 18s, but not sure about the strength of them. they are soo hot i think, not sure if im getting the graphite ones or the chrome ones though. any one have some advice? opinions?

·
Registered
595 Posts
silko82ny said:

Haha!! Darith was freakin out for a minute, werent ya.:D
BTW, does anyone know about RH Evolutions, i am planning on getting the s7's in 18s, but not sure about the strength of them. they are soo hot i think, not sure if im getting the graphite ones or the chrome ones though. any one have some advice? opinions?
I have the RH Evo C2000's in 18's and they are plenty strong. I've banged a pothole bad enough to bubble a tire but the rims held up just fine. The only thing I dont like is that they are a ***** to clean. Oh well I will suffer for the look. :D

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The lower the aspect ratio the greater the likelihood of experiencing wheel damage. Esp true of the Legend which is no lightweight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
17s are faster, less lbs...
less pounds = less rotational force= quicker e/ts'
also with the right size tire, the 17s are faster because of the rim/tire size....

lets say you have 4.10 gears in the tranny..your final drive..ya know...

well, with 15s and normal profile...you get your 4.10 effect, but if you put on 18s with rubber bands you 4.10s and initial torque of your car is less because they spin slower per every rotation of the tranny...so youd get about 3.80 gears rather than your 4.10s...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts