Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!!!

I currently have a 91 Legend LS and don't get me wrong I think thats the best car I've ever owned, BUT it's getting old, with the clicks quickly approaching 250,000 I don't want to get rid of it nor do I want to change the timing belt. The car is starting to feel really ruff and things are starting to go faster than I can replace them. I have 2 options which are not too hard to deside but YOUR insight is apreciated.

1) A friend of mine can get me a new engine for about $4000cdn.
installed.

2) I really thinking about trading it in for a 99 TL, I love the TL but love the Legend shape 100% more.

Does anyone know any feedback about the 99 TL ??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't do a 99 TL. The 99 had the four speed tranny, which was quickly replaced by the 5 speed one the next year. Also, if the TL you are thinking of has NAVI, the 00 is DVD based and the 99 is CD ROM based. Unless you get a fantastic deal on the 99, I'd pass and try for a 00.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I'm with Leon...go for the Type II swap. you should be pleased. let me correct that, you WILL be pleased.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like a plan!!

Your Legend what year is it?? and is the type II engine faster than then the one I have? What's the difference?

Sorry I feel like a cop asking all these Q's.

·
Registered
368 Posts
the trick is finding a type 2 engine that has low miles on it for a good price

go all out and just do a tl type s 6 speed :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
... or you could spend the money on a nice 1995 LS 6-speed Coupe ...:D

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Don't get a TL, its a trap...They are nice and all, but with the problems they potentially/quickly pose, you will lose more money...So suck it up and fix your current Legend!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.