Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've found some aftermarket rims that I like... They are 18x8 with a +40 offset. I don't care at all if they stick out. I want to know how well they will fit or if they will even fit...If they won't fit, can't I get them bored down to fit?

What is our bolt pattern? 5x114.5?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
you need to at least try to get them in a higher offset...remember when I put the Enkeis on the sedan?

Well, they scrubbed and they were a 18 x 7 with a +40 offset on 225/40/18

Now the rims I have now are 18 x 7.5 +42mm offset and they don't scrub AT ALL on either the sedan or the coupe.

Trust me, the scrubbing sound on the sedan sucks more than on the coupe...been there more than once
5 x 114.3

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They only make them in 18x8 with a 40+ offset...Any other opinions?

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Make sure they have at least a 70MM bore. Prepare to roll you rear fenders. Also get ready for "rollerskate" comments.;)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Don't do it man, won't fit. My wheel is 19x8 with +50 offset, and it just tuck in with the fender. Like Dave said, prepared to be a rollerskate, that's true, your wheels and tires will stick out, or unless you want to go the Japanese/European craze by stretching the tire to it's maximum limit, so you can have the rims outside your fender, but your stretched tire will be enough to clear the fender. You know what I mean right????

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Or, if you really, really want them, then be prepared to keep a good deal of negetive camber and look like those lowrider cars. But truthfully, after about 2 years and 3-4 sets of 18" tires, you would have spend enough extra money to have gotten a custom offset 3 piece rim from companies like HRE.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
See, MAtt...I wouldn't steer you wrong.
I promise!

I am just telling you from my experience on my sedan, that a 18x7 +40 offset, which is smaller than 18x8 +40 offset did not work out too well...it scrubbed with two people in the back...and this is with me putting th shock helpers in as well. I am sure you can find the right combo for you.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:
See, MAtt...I wouldn't steer you wrong.
I promise!

I am just telling you from my experience on my sedan, that a 18x7 +40 offset, which is smaller than 18x8 +40 offset did not work out too well...it scrubbed with two people in the back...and this is with me putting th shock helpers in as well. I am sure you can find the right combo for you.
And just to add, I barely get away with my 17X7" rim with +46mm offset and 0 degree camber. I have about a .75" - 1.0" drop, and after my alignment last week, I have a +.2 degree camber on the left, and a -.1 degree camber on the right. Specified range for camber in front is +1.0 to -1.0. Unfortunately, I can't get ride of teh + camber (even though it is within spec) because I still have my Ingalls camber kit on, and it is already set for minimum correction. The Ingalls kit at its lowerst correction already corrects +1.25 degrees. Fortunately for me, it was almost perfect for the drop I have.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Higher offset +45 or better, especially with those 18x8, DAMN. +40, no way. Look for another rim. Which rim is it anyway. just curious

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
like everyone said.. NOOOOO!!! i sold my 18x7.5 with 45mm offset and got some enkei 17x7 with only 40mm offset. i was scared putting them on but looks like they fit like the 18's i had before. but unlike leon, i am running on 215/45/17 instead of 225/40 tires. these new rims are BARELY flush with the fenders!!!! i am considering removing the inner plastic trim if it scrubs. anyhow, 18x8 with 40mm WILL stick out and you WILL NOT be pleased.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I ordered RH evolution s-15 18" recently. They have not arrived yet. They are 18x7.5 with 225 40's. Now I'm sitting low with a coil drop on 17x7 with 215, but next week I will be changing to Air suspension by strictly modified. Will these work, HELP GUYS??

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
what is your offset? if the 18's are 45mm... you are OKAY. anything less then you'll be scrubbing. like i said before, i had 18's with 225/40's and they were aight flush, but if i had more money, i'd opt for 50mm. :D so now.... i plan to stiffen up the konis so there'll be less travel.

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
then again............... after reading more posts on the rims. i THINK that the coupe can have a lower offset than the sedans. Leon? i think you know the answer to this question. :D

OFF TOPIC... i notice you're in japan and was wondering if you can help me get a set of clear corners for a 1999 honda passport/isuzu WIZARD. check the pic. we did the grille (using acura legend grille making skills and bondo :p ) and want to finish it up with the clears. or maybe you know someone who wants to trade their clears for our ambers?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts