Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it doing a search. Can somebody tell me the offset and/or backspacing on a stock '91 15" legend wheel? Also, will a 16" TL wheel fit nicely on a legend, and if so, what are the specs on those wheels?
In fact, any advice on 16" wheels for my legend would be great!
Thanks in advance,
Jim

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Stock offset is +65MM. TL wheels will fit if you open the hub bore to 70.1MM. Best fit fot 16" are teh GS wheels. May take a while to find a decent set.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
JimV said:
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it doing a search. Can somebody tell me the offset and/or backspacing on a stock '91 15" legend wheel? Also, will a 16" TL wheel fit nicely on a legend, and if so, what are the specs on those wheels?
In fact, any advice on 16" wheels for my legend would be great!
Thanks in advance,
Jim
Yeah TL wheels won't be a direct fit. You need to bore the center hub hole of the rims from 64mm to 70.1mm. Then they'll fit nicely without any problems.
cost of boring is about $100-$150 for a set of rims, depending on where you live.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: wheels!

WhiteLegend said:

Yeah TL wheels won't be a direct fit. You need to bore the center hub hole of the rims from 64mm to 70.1mm. Then they'll fit nicely without any problems.
cost of boring is about $100-$150 for a set of rims, depending on where you live.
If I don't mind opening the hole, are the TL wheels the right offset to fit nicely on a Legend?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Re: Re: Re: wheels!

JimV said:

If I don't mind opening the hole, are the TL wheels the right offset to fit nicely on a Legend?
Offset is not a problem, offset is about +55 or 65 I don't remember which. It's close to the +65 that our Legends use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts