Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever since I read the can you smoke your tires thread I have been trying, and trying, well I got realllllly ticked off and I finally e_brake 6000 rpm nuetral dropped it! got a nice good smokey burnout, but if I know my car, the tranny is about to go.....agian, sigh when I get an Idea in my head I just cant let it go.

·
Registered
293 Posts
To all those that want to smoke tires - go RENT a car for the day! IMO, any car with over 100k miles is not a good candidate to abuse.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well as I predicted my freshly rebuilt tranny is already shifting REALLY hard I mean downshifts are like hitting potholes, I am making my first mod (belive me I have already started a savings for this) a beefed up tranny looking onto a level ten.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I dont know why everyone is concerned with smoking their Legend tires...I guess I was concerned with this when i was younger. But when I drive my car, I do spin/squeel the tires on occasion on a fast launch, especially when I am jumping out into traffic quickly. This is not to proof anything, just the occasional result of hard (possibly overzealous) driving. It is certainly not hard to spin the tires all the way through 1st, and chirp 2nd, even with 17's and brand new tires. This is in my 90 Sedan with 198,000 miles.

-Chris

·
Registered
541 Posts
OMG! are u crazy? tranny drop at 6000?!!! duuuddde....you do not deserve to drive a F***ing car..OMG...

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
AcuraGuy said:
OMG! are u crazy? tranny drop at 6000?!!! duuuddde....you do not deserve to drive a F***ing car..OMG...
CaLM down, dawg. I've done it once. We all know it's bad for the tanny. Not like we do that every time we want to launch our car.

·
Registered
541 Posts
yea ive done it before too..but it was more like dropping at 3K and i still got satisfied results. its just revving till redline isnt good in the first place..and then slapping it to drive also....now that jus kills it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well hell the damn thing starteds slipping (gee I wonder why) oh well just get a new tranny. man a sports car is lookin better and better

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well as for it being easy too spin tires I disagree, my little stunt maybe got a foot and a half of stripe, now that does not compare with my mothers old elky (yeah I know two different animals) which burned em for about a block, man I loved that car. and I will have you know Acuraguy, this is THE first time I have ever tranny dropped above 4k, on any car specially my baby.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts