Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
I know that many will reply (to the effect) that the engine will vibrate in excess with load. My addon question is that - if a motor mount is NOT broken - does it wear(?) - to the point that replacing a worn motor mount will improve (absorb) engine vibration?

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
423 Posts
Excessive vibration while the car is @ a stop light and I think u can check by having ur car on, have the hood open, put ur foot on the brake, look forward through the crack and to c how much the engine goes up and down while u shift through gears, also If hear hard knocks. Call ur nearest Acura dealership and ask some one from parts or service, they should b able to answer that ? 4 u. And I don't think u can c the engine mounts, myb when the engine is going up and down through the shifting. Hope that helped!. Latin............

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
When your car has been stolen and taken for joy ride in Newark. In 13 years that is the only occasion I've ever seen motor mounts break on a G2. Rear trans mounts on the other hand go all the time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I got my rear tranny mount for around 125 from the dealer a year or so ago.. It is a relatively easy fix once your car is off the ground and you are able to stand underneath it, so a good mechanic should be able to do it in a minimal amount of time..

Since are legends are not getting any younger, If you haven't changed to rear tranny mount, you should have it looked at.. I didn't even know mine was busted untill I took a close look at it. It really depends on how it breaks, as to how much of a clunk or hard shift you get..

As for engine mounts, A year ago I changed the engine in my coupe but I kept the original engine mounts.. You don't usually need to change your engine mounts at all, Unless one them breaks, and believe me, you will know if one is broken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.