Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
I know that many will reply (to the effect) that the engine will vibrate in excess with load. My addon question is that - if a motor mount is NOT broken - does it wear(?) - to the point that replacing a worn motor mount will improve (absorb) engine vibration?

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
424 Posts
Excessive vibration while the car is @ a stop light and I think u can check by having ur car on, have the hood open, put ur foot on the brake, look forward through the crack and to c how much the engine goes up and down while u shift through gears, also If hear hard knocks. Call ur nearest Acura dealership and ask some one from parts or service, they should b able to answer that ? 4 u. And I don't think u can c the engine mounts, myb when the engine is going up and down through the shifting. Hope that helped!. Latin............

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info Latin. I'll take a look at that. When are motor mounts more likely to go bad?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
generally,
first make sure u'r engine is cold. then pop the hood and push the engine back and forth. if it shakes easily, you'll most likely need to change the mounts. if it's stiff, u'r fine.

-j

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
When your car has been stolen and taken for joy ride in Newark. In 13 years that is the only occasion I've ever seen motor mounts break on a G2. Rear trans mounts on the other hand go all the time.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey PSA, are the tranny mounts expensive to change? When are tranny mounts most likely to go out? How much do the tranny mounts cost?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I got my rear tranny mount for around 125 from the dealer a year or so ago.. It is a relatively easy fix once your car is off the ground and you are able to stand underneath it, so a good mechanic should be able to do it in a minimal amount of time..

Since are legends are not getting any younger, If you haven't changed to rear tranny mount, you should have it looked at.. I didn't even know mine was busted untill I took a close look at it. It really depends on how it breaks, as to how much of a clunk or hard shift you get..

As for engine mounts, A year ago I changed the engine in my coupe but I kept the original engine mounts.. You don't usually need to change your engine mounts at all, Unless one them breaks, and believe me, you will know if one is broken

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for that info Living_Legend. I'll have my mechanic take a look at it and see what he says.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts