Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was on my way to work traveling at about 60-65 m.p.h. and as I started to go by a civic pulls along side of me and wants to race. He drops it down a gear so I drop down to fourth ( should have went to 3 rd ) and we go at it now we are moving and he thinks he can keep up when all of a sudden my coupes starts to REALLY stretch its legs and I say BYE-BYE to the little civic that WISH it could. Boy the nerve of some people.:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Way to go Mr. Biggs!!!!

I am always wondering the same thing-why do people underestimate Legends??? And for that matter, most legends are stock. Do people assume that Legends are little four-bangers or what??????

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TEACHING THE CIVC CROWD!!!!!!!!

Since most of the civic owners underestimate the legend it looks like we all have just became teachers. Class is in session.:D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I thought it was only right to tell the truth.:)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Don't know why people underestimate Legends. They're not the fastest on the road, but they're faster than MOST of the cars on the road. Civics see a Legend and assume it's an easy kill for some reason. WTF are they thinking?? Hehe...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mr. Bigs said:
Yesterday I was on my way to work traveling at about 60-65 m.p.h. and as I started to go by a civic pulls along side of me and wants to race. He drops it down a gear so I drop down to fourth ( should have went to 3 rd ) and we go at it now we are moving and he thinks he can keep up when all of a sudden my coupes starts to REALLY stretch its legs and I say BYE-BYE to the little civic that WISH it could. Boy the nerve of some people.:D
your a damn loser mista biggs. picking on civics??? :confused: u must be rich cus i aint got gas money to waste on civics ;)

·
Registered
658 Posts
I don't quite understand this either. I even get 4 banger accords trying to show me up. How fast are these cars? They cant be better than 8.5 0-60? The 4 cyl accord does 60 in about 9.5! Do they think we're slow because our cars are old? I wonder if they treat the 2nd gens the same way?
I barely ever "race" anyone because I have bad luck w/ the cops pulling me over, so I'll have to rely on others to tell me what the deal is.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
To quote a relative of mine who drives a mustang...

"The Legend is alright, it's pretty nice, but only for looks, even the G2 Coupe looks like a Sedan minus two doors, it's just too big, doesn't look right"

:eek:

If you go to HondaHookup.Com, all the Civic owners will insist they are faster than you. They pull HP #s and crazy 1/4s left and right. I guess they ALL have them extremely modified Civics right? :rolleyes:

I tell you, Legends get no respect, even though they were Honda's foundation for better cars.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Fsck them. They are driving Civics. Let them at least have their inflated egos, they haven't got anything else to be proud of (except maybe good gas mileage).

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
To quote a relative of mine who drives a mustang...

"The Legend is alright, it's pretty nice, but only for looks, even the G2 Coupe looks like a Sedan minus two doors, it's just too big, doesn't look right"

:eek:

If you go to HondaHookup.Com, all the Civic owners will insist they are faster than you. They pull HP #s and crazy 1/4s left and right. I guess they ALL have them extremely modified Civics right? :rolleyes:

I tell you, Legends get no respect, even though they were Honda's foundation for better cars.
these are all (sorry Hector) jealous idiots.
Peoiple normally put down something to make themselves look better...especially when they DON'T know what they are talking about.

Yesterday, I was driving my *stock* sedan, and handed an azz whooping top this 2002 Jag X Type. He got mad lol

Those new Fords I mean Jags look like big Contours that were left in the oven too long:eek:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HEY GOT-HORNS!!!!!!!!!!

Lets get one thing straight. I don't go around looking for races. I get so tired of cars of lesser wealth and prestige thinking that I am a sitting duck for their amusement. I am not building my car for 1/4 mile runs however if I am on the highway and traffic is LITE and some guy in his or her civic wants to see who is better the chances are I'm gonna decline but, when enough is enough then the a$$ whompings will begin. Like the old saying goes SOMETIMES A LEGENDS GOTTA DO WHAT A LEGENDS GOTTA DO. So to all of the rest of you LEGEND owners out there that are fed up all I can say is a$$ whomping class is in session. NEXT.:mad:

·
Registered
217 Posts
mista bigz

chill out dawg, i was just joking. i love raping civics w/ their coffee cans cus i always leave em like they were standin still. your one of my role models cus you'll race anything in your ac leg and you one of few dat love the ac legs more then me.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HEY GOT-HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!

You scared me there for a minute. I was beginning to think you were showing love for civics. Now that things have gotten clearer. Lets shout this out TOGETHER for all the civics and integras in the house that think they have a chance in hell of out-running a Legend. NEXT.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
they don't learn

they never do learn. i can't count the number of times i have beaten people off of the line. i've even beaten my own mother. my mom has a 2000 TL. she doesn't drive it right though, she drives like a little old lady most of the time, but she tries to beat me and can't.

i do have sad news about my legend, it got totaled on march 2. i can't stop crying about my baby(car) :(. i miss her so much already. my parents are going to make me get a civic because the insurand would be too high on another acura. i can't believe it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SOMEBODY PLEASE WAKE HIM UP FROM HIS NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!

Oh no it seems you may become something you hate ( a civic owner ). If I were you I'd shop around to find an insurance company with the lowest rate. Sorry to hear about your recent lost ( your car :( ). I hope you can find a legend that the insurance companies won't rape you on. Try looking at a 1990 LS coupe 5 speed of course the insurance on them should be quite resonable.:(

·
Registered
2 Posts
i wish i could

if i hadn't had one previous accident, my insurance wouldn't be so high. plus my dad is the insurance agent.

civic's aren't that bad, but i can't race it unless it has a v-tec, which i won't get b/c of the insurance

the name acura automatically raises my insurance because they are so fast

the company isn't stupid obviously because my dad is the agent and we own two acuras, or at least we did own two, now we only have one

·
Registered
864 Posts
lame dude! Im so sorry to hear about that! My insurance is kinda outrageous but its worth every 300$ a month for full covrg on my 89 2 dr 5spd. Oh well. anyway, try to pull some strings if u can. Otherwise. try to make the best of your new honda :rolleyes:

-bryan

·
Registered
583 Posts
biggs, at least your getting hit on by Acura products... um, I mean Honda products...
I B!tchslapped a PLYMOUTH LASER last eve... getting on the freeway on ramp he's ahead of the truck ahead of me... they pull into the first of three lanes, I go to MY lane (the left lane in all of Arkansas belongs to me ;) ) and proceed on up to crusing speed.
I'm tuning my tunes when I look in the R view and here comes little lazer man... wheeee.... as I smile... he approaches, and I give her just a little... he pulls up again, and I give her a little more... (my exit is coming in a mile)... I see his headlights bob up a little like he's coming again (we're doing around 85) and so I waste up the gas on the guy... WHEEEE.......!
how do they get thier headlights to get smaller and smaller? is it a new "wanna be a Legend" Mod? :rolleyes: :cool: :D
maybe it's something to do with the physics of the thing...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts