Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys, I need the knowledge and wisdom of my Legend brethren here.
I have a 91 coupe.
This wednesday im going to have my stock struts and springs removed and my new HR's and Koni's put on. and the following week im going to mount my rims that are 18/8 w/+47 offset(not set on tire size yet)
I have 3 questions, 1. Will this rub or do I need to have them roll the fenders? 2. Should I put a camber kit put on at that time. (the shop is telling me to wait because I might not need it.)
3. What perch do you set the front and rear on? I want a smooth ride but I really dont want to see more wheel well in front.

Thanks, Will

·
Registered
327 Posts
ASSUME: 18x8 with 47 offset and a 225/40/18 (most people choose these size for comfort)

3. What perch do you set the front and rear on? I want a smooth ride but I really dont want to see more wheel well in front.
I had my H&R's mounted on the Middle perch rear (set full hard, pervent bounce do to weight of system) and the front on the high perch with koni set at middle and the drop looked SWEET :D
If I put the front on the low perch I could not get up my driveway and certain speed bumps and I had a 1 finger gap around the car with my 225/35/18
I would say go half turn (middle setting for ride comfort) all round, I found the back too hard for my liking(but my father LOVED IT, he said "THIS IS THE SUSPENSION THAT ACURA SHOULD HAVE PUT ON THE CAR TO BEGIN WITH"). I installed my ground controls now (sold h&r's, biggest mistake because of snow here) and I set it half turns and it rides better.

1. Will this rub or do I need to have them roll the fenders?
Must likely you will have rubbing on your rear passager fender lip because of the 18x8, but maybe the 47 offset might help. However, if you are a BASS HEAD like me and have a or are planning to put in a heavy system then for sure YES. I rubbed at very sharp left turns or going over 80MPH over bumps on the freeway. However, this can be done at anytime because I don't think you are going to rub that much and it only takes about 40 minutes for any good shop with the right tools to do it.

2. Should I put a camber kit put on at that time?
Don't do it right away - You should let your H&R's and Koni's set for about a week and then go in for an alignment and see then if you need on. I did not need one after they aligned the car with my h&r's. See right before the alignment if you need it and then put it on because the ingalls camber kit will rub against your control arm in the front and will need some filling also.

I hope this helps,
Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts