Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in pricing a Bayou Stage II...

Where could I find one and How much would I be expecting to pay?

·
Registered
82 Posts
$400? Last year I got in on a group buy for $275. With shipping and all it came to $310.37. Maybe someone should try to get another group buy going.

·
Registered
744 Posts
The GB was for 250.00 w/ 25.00 for UPS.

Everyone not need be shocked at the cost because Willie reduced his price based upon a number of people. His price has always been 400.00 (399.00) and agreed (as vendors usually do) to reduce the price based upon what the co-ordinator of the GB reports in numbers.

SO - EVERYONE who said I'M IN counted as a number - the numbers were reported and the priced was dropped. HOWEVER, as I have said before - when it came time to send in the money and ecu - many people who WERE IN all of a sudden WERE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.

We work very hard with vendors to supply aftermarket mods for our Legend and we can pull together and speak with one voice (moderated GB) to get the best deal out there - HOWEVER - I would handle a GB, where there was a serious price break, much differently.

Acording to Metropolitan Safety thats sells momo stuff - Jim collects the cash in a standing drawer. When the "40" people send in the cash, then EVERYONE gets the merchandise at the discounted GB price.

KNLNGUS.

I don't think Willie will be interested in hearing from us with "our group buy" unless the numbers are verified and the cash is in hand.

BOTTOM LINE PEOPLE: Money Talks, Bullshe~ite Walks.

·
Registered
744 Posts
aiznpride - I feel you - cause I know what you went through. I can't answer for Willie - I don't know if he took his frustrations intentionally (lack of forum members which allowed him to drop his price) out on you and your ecu - or whether it was unintentional plain jane shotty worksmanship - Either way... you did have to go through alot of bullshe~ite.

Correct me if I am wrong - but didn't you get back at him with the COD shipping and cancellation of said check. If so, I'm glad you got yours and I do feel bad that you were treated like crap.

KNLNGUS

I know I'm not the only one who hasn't spoke up (the ones who are happy) because since the remark went out to the effect that sharing in our happiness does not help...... seems like the conversation just ended.... BUT Ladies and Gentlemen there (BASICALLY) is no other place to get our ecu's chip'd.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
that was Dmenn, another guy guy who got screwed by him. as for me, i got my money back for the chip but i'm out an ECU becuase it doesn't work with the stock chip either.
Willie's answer to every question is "we don't warranty anything". if he doesn't warranty anything, why stay in business? and who's gonna do business with him.
so, i'm out an ECU after all the $hit.
for those with traction control, type 2 engines, be WARNED.
-j

·
Registered
744 Posts
I count my lucky stars that my ecu came back chip'd and I am very happy (95 LS 6 speed Coupe) - BUT - like aiznpride said Willie does not warrant the customer's ecu.

In a group buy situation where there are multiple ecu arriving at a performance shop - EVERYONE - should know that you stand a good chance of not getting back the EXACT board you sent to them. Why? Because they have one on the bench - as yours comes in, they ship you the one on the bench and start working on yours in preparation of receiving the other ecu's and so forth.

It is not inconceivable to believe that an ecu could have come in bad from someone else and Dmenn ended up getting a NRTS ecu cca and someone else like myself OR OTHERS received your or Dmenn's good ecu.

BTW - I marked the cca in my ecu so the first thing I did was strap my wrist, pop off both sides and look for my jewelers mark that I used to identify my ecu - so I know that scenario was not applicable to me - but it can and does happen.

In closing - like aiznpride said - buyer beware.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the chip worth all the trouble? Does it really add that much performance?
Also, how hard is it to install?

It sounds like I have to ship my ECU to the company...they make the tweaks and then ship it back?

I thought it was a whole new ECU that I just swapped in....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I payed 275 back in October, he may have lowered the price after that. There is no real tweaking involved. He unsolders the old chip, installs a chip socket, and pops in the new chip. He sends your ECU and the old chip back to you so you can switch back if necessary. I have a type II with traction control and have had no problems. My dealings with Willie went well.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Willie was great with me too. Responded to all emails ect. Chip added a slight increase in performance. Now I paid 275 not sure if I would pay 400.

BTW isnt someone trying to burn copies of the software?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts