Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had no success locally getting a Camshaft for a reasonable price. Both my passenger side head and camshaft were destroyed, and i was able to find a great deal on a replacement head, but no camshaft. Can anyone PLEASE tell me where i might find one of these online? I have wasted so many hours junkyarding for this thing locally and its driving me crazy:rofl:

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the quick response!! Guess i forgot to mention that my car is a 92 with type 1 motor. Do you know if those will bolt right in without any modifications? If so, you've made my day!

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
As far as fitment they do bolt right in. But the specs and fuel and ignition requirements would be closer to the TII engine. If you were to get these you may wanna see if you can track down a TII fpr aswell and I can chip your ECU to run that setup. Now on the flipside you may wanna post a request for some TI cams from another member. I could get you a set this weekend possibly if you would rather go that route.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. Ill definitely be considering a full type II switch sometime in the future, but for now i was just looking for a stock type 1 cam. Another member PM'd me with a stock pair he had ready to ship and we worked something out. Actually, i had really just wanted to post a WTB: camshaft thread, but it wouldn't let me because i didn't have at least 50 posts. So i thought id just kinda try to sneak it in :lol:

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
sweet man, glad you found a set

a-l wins again! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.