Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new piston and rod and i have no clue how to go about this thing. I was just gona pull one out a doner legend but i cant find one. Can i get a new piston,rod and rings that will be the same as OEM and require no boring or anything, just a ring compressor to get it in?

ive looked at websites and all i see is numbers, cant find anything specific for a legend like just about every other auto part. I see the measurements and all but ive never delt with this before, how can i know for sure if it will fit? or does anyone have a piston they can sell? I want it to be the same compression ratio. and im really not trying to pay out the ass for a whole set.

· Registered
2,038 Posts
uhh how about when i get my jdm in and i keep my old engine.....
i would'nt know how to take out the piston unless i just tear it down....but i whould need alot of time (from work...)

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not too hard, hardest part is keeping everything in order. if your just gona scrap it, then its pretty easy and shouldnt take more than 4hrs, as little as 1 hour if you pull the engine first. the hardest part is torqued bolts, make sure you got some good tools, i went through all my 14 and 12mm's so i went and got some AMPRO sockets with the edges cut out on the inside and havent had a problem since, i really reccomend them. i got 10-19mm for 9$

If you gona scrap it, ill give ya 50$ for a piston :) im sure you can make some decent money off selling the heads, block and other engine parts, usually people only sell entire engines, even on ebay so i imagine there would be some demand for parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.