Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I put the jack stands under the car in the front and back? I want to rotate my tires, but I have to get the whole side of the car off the ground at the same time (directional tread). Thanks for the help

-1993 coupe

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
SAme place where you put the jack. What I do, I jack up the front side using the front corner tow tow hook, and place the jackstand where the jack normally would go. I do this for both sides. Then, for the rear, I jack the entire rear end of the car up using the center rear tow hook, and place jack stands on both sides of the rear at the same time. Now, you can do all 4 tires.

·
Registered
89 Posts
One side at a time...

I use my cheapie floor jack on the front jack point, jack it all the way up. This takes the rear almost high enough to get a jack stand under. I GENTLY lift from the wheel well (no Charles Atlas here, just a balance thing) and can easily raise the rear by an inch or so allowing me to slip in my jack stand. Then lower the front a little and the back will raise off the ground using the jackstand as a lever/fulcrum. Give it a try...besides...lifting you car makes you FEEL like Charles Atlas!:cool:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Chris K. I will try your suggestion. I have to get two more jack stands though. Do you think I should try to find the same brand as the first two stands? What I am wondering is if jack stands of different brands have the same height increments that would allow me to keep the car level when on all four stands.

And, where exactly are the tow hooks? When I look under the car, what should I look for?

And one last question, what should I torque the lugs to?

Thanks

·
Registered
812 Posts
service manual calls for 80lb/f of torque, so u need a torque wrench.

the tow hook in the back is located exactly in the middle of the rear to pull car out of ditches & all

stand doesn't have to be the same brand, just make sure the car is level - this may req'd measuring the point of contacts (jacking points) to the ground & not necessary the height of the stands itself - u 'll get the picture

·
Registered
133 Posts
Can't jack the front end up at one jack point?

I haven't worked on an Acura Legend yet and was hoping I could jack the entire front end up at once with a floor jack centered across a support. The support about 4" behind the radiator doesn't seem beefy enough to support the entire front end.

Maybe there are no shortcuts, just jack up each corner at a time? If so, bummer but no biggie!
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts