Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, I'm trying to put my ballasts in a better location, because my current setup is hella ghetto. There is absolutely no space in this engine compartments, so where do yall put ur ballasts and ignitors?

· Registered
638 Posts
ive seen one setup where the cruise control was removed or either didnt come with it and the ballast was put there.

· because i can.
10,426 Posts
For his HID retrofit im assuming....yeah it was Lenny (1 Hot Legend L) that had removed his Cruise control (as well as all A/C components and some other odds and ends...) and placed the Ballast there...man with all that stuff gone his bay sure looked hella empty...but I beleive that his cruise no longer functioned and he was going for weight reduction anyhow. I would imagine that if you could manage it, the next best place that I can see is against the driver side fender to the right of the Battery and Fuse box....

· Registered
647 Posts
if you go this way ^...be careful that the gas shocks won't hit it when you close the hood. Do they have to be on the same side as the light? How much distance can be between the bulbs and ballast?

· Registered
638 Posts
a ballast kick starts bulbs and maintains a certain voltage and wave length in specialty high discharge bulbs, I used to use ballast for high pressure sodiums and metal halides to get blue and warm color spectrums for pot :) . Flourecent bulbs also require ballast. when you don't have a ballast you end up with more of a yellow light or incandecent. I'm not the bulb expert anything, but thats what i've been told.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.