Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The door chime is driving me nuts! Ding-dong ding dong ding dong ding dong all the time while I'm working on the car. Right now I duct taped the switch that 'senses' that the drivers door is open, but this is not a good solution because the dome light does not come on. Anyone know where the chime is located?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Really - it is supposed to chime like that, I assumed it was actually a key in and door open chime and assumed the key in sensor was stuck. Man. I can't believe they actually designed the car that way..

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
My 86 use to do that when the key wasnt in the ignition. But guess what. When I closed the Roof the chime went off. Like it knew the roof was open or something. when the door was open

But my 90. My chime stopped working. does anyone know why my head light chime isnt working?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
slugman said:
The door chime is driving me nuts! Ding-dong ding dong ding dong ding dong all the time while I'm working on the car. Right now I duct taped the switch that 'senses' that the drivers door is open, but this is not a good solution because the dome light does not come on.
Maybe you should remove your keys from the ignition. :D

My old Legend has this problem. If you look at the slot for the ignition key, you'll see a little switch. If it's stuck in the closed position (which happens a lot), the chime will go off even without the key in the ignition. Try locking your steering wheel, it may depress the switch.

·
Registered
77 Posts
LegendSpeed said:
i'm trying to get mine to work!
Same here :( I always end up leaving my lights on! :mad:

·
legendflava4ever
425 Posts
I got sick of mine, so I first taped it, ghetto, then I uhhhhh, accidentilly broke it off, BIIIIG MISTAKE, The damn chiming was constant, ahhhhhh, I was sweating like, W.T.F. have I done, so I unscrewed the little bugger, and unplugged it, never chimed since, the seatbelt thing still works, but no more automatic inerior light, I like it better so thats all that mattas

·
N*gh* R*der
238 Posts
Both my lil front door swithed (that detect door is open/closed) are broken off, so I have no chime or automatic dome light unless I open the back door..(still no chime) I wonder is there a way to rig some fake/homemade switches or can I go buy new ones or something>?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts