Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys this problem IMO needs immediate attention. my ABS...is GONE. i dunno when or how it happened, but it's gone. it doesn't engage anymore when i slam the brakes on hard, i tested it out on an open road while it was raining one night and i also noticed when i had to brake hard in traffic, my girl asked why the ABS didn't engage i was like uh oh. i read/heard somewhere that your ABS can be affected in some way by a speed sensor failure. is this true? because my speed sensor is in fact in need of a replacement. if htat's not the case, then what is wrong? does this problem need professional attention then? help me out guys cuz this is starting to worry me.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the best way to test your ABS system and to periodically "exercise" the solenoids is to find a nice loose gravel road and lock 'em up there. Rainy road might not do it, especially if you have good tires. Also rain on pavement (oil too) is more dangerous to you if you do get in a sideways slide, more likely to have other traffic than the old back road or gravel parking lot. Usually if sensors or other components fail, you get a warning light. In order to test the system, you need Honda/Acura to do it with the ABL testing unit....this is not a DIY.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts