Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
For looks, I would keep the amps in the same location. I mounted cross bars in the section between the cabin and the trunk(after back seat is removed). I then mounted my amp on these bars. It would also look very sweet if you could mold it into trunk.
For functionality, having an amp under the seat makes it easier to run wires. (Less wires)

·
Registered
602 Posts
To take the back seat out unscrew the 10mm bolts in the crack between the seats then pull them out. You have to play with it a lil bit to see how it pulls out.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I think they are bolted on as well. I'm not sure. Why do you need to get them off? To mount the amp? I would try to mount it without taking it off first bc it will prolly be hard to get off.

·
Registered
248 Posts
under seat is a good choice but please be sure ot check that nothing will hti thet amp during the FULL TRAVEL of the seat, or else you will have seri0ous problems when you try to move the seat forwrad or back. :)

for front seats:

1. take off the cover peices that cover the bolts, four of them, two front, two rear.

2. unbolt the 10mm bolts

3. tilt the seta forward or backrward and rear below to disconnect the harness for seat belt warning and power seats (if you have them)

4. simply take the seat out. :)

b

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No need to worry I already got the seat out and the amp under there but i don't want to just screw the amp to the carpet, well i was gonna but there's about .5 in of padding should i just screw thru it? is there any wires i should worry about hitting? who else put there amp under their seat? what did you do?

Thanx who've helped so far

·
Registered
248 Posts
okay, make sure you wire tie all the wires neatly and tuck it away so its not touching anything. as far as mounting the amp under the carpet, its usually a no no to mount amps directly into the floor, as metal will be touching metal to create a second group, or ground loops, of course, if your amp has rubber or palstic feet, then its cool. but usually, what I do is is pretty complicated, I tak ethe carpet out, lay down a think board, about 1/4 inch thick underneath, secure that to the floor with screws, then the amp mounts on this board...

b

·
Registered
217 Posts
i do not know how the hell u got an amp to fit under that seat??? take a picture plz.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i was thinking of just mounting the amp on the backseat itself instead of under it or on the sub box (which i have now). A friend of mine mounted his amps on his backseat but that is a beretta gtz so who knows?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.