Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Ok first things first I have a 93 Coupe LS.

Need to change all my speakers

JBL
Infinity kappa

Man, which ones should I get ?:confused:

Where do i get them on the net ?:confused:

·
Registered
248 Posts
what price range? I assume you are looking for a coaxial? around 100-150 dollars?

there are a few quality coaxials in that range, I would look to the following:

infinity reference
infinity kappa
orion cobalt
crystal (highly recommended)
jl vr (thought it may be a little too much)
MB quart Discus

a few others I can think of right now...but out of those, I would definelty look to crystal, most you can find on ebay, other places such as

www.mmxpress.com
www.sounddomain.com
www.tms-electronics.com are decent places, as well as of course crutchfield, its a bit more expensive but the service is touch notch.

b

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
EBAY!

I bought all my equipment off ebay. Got all 4 infinity kappas brand new for less than $160. Look around, there's tons of good stuff for a good price there.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, another Q

Thanks guys

I got some JDXs for the rear, 275 watts each, built in crossover whatever that is & Emersons for the front, 200 watts
Not that I will be able to use the extra wattage or anything.

Speakers (all four) = 80$
Installation = 70$

Will putting in 275 watt speakers on a 200 watt amp hurt anything. U can tell i obviously dont know jack **** about this stuff.

U get what u pay for but the sound on the JDXs is great. I would recommend them. The Emersons r okayish. All in all im happy about it (hey Im no audiophile)

What do u guys think ?

BTW I got all 4 ohm speakers.

I believe I needed 2 ohm speakers. Couldnt find any. I have a 93 LS Coupe.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Re: Thanks, another Q

vrb747 said:
Thanks guys

I got some JDXs for the rear, 275 watts each, built in crossover whatever that is & Emersons for the front, 200 watts
Not that I will be able to use the extra wattage or anything.

Speakers (all four) = 80$
Installation = 70$

Will putting in 275 watt speakers on a 200 watt amp hurt anything. U can tell i obviously dont know jack **** about this stuff.

U get what u pay for but the sound on the JDXs is great. I would recommend them. The Emersons r okayish. All in all im happy about it (hey Im no audiophile)

What do u guys think ?

BTW I got all 4 ohm speakers.

I believe I needed 2 ohm speakers. Couldnt find any. I have a 93 LS Coupe.

Thanks
with 4 ohm speakers on a 2 ohm system, you'll be drawing 1/2 the power from the amp. So you'll have to turn the volume higher than you did before to hear the same loudness as before. Also for some speakers, you might also get distortions.

I ran 4ohm speakers on my premium system for a while, first I tried sony speakers, they sounded like crap. Got lots of distortion. Then I switched to infinity kappa, and it was fine, got great sound.

Then I upgraded the entire system, new deck, amp. That gave a world of difference, I would never go back to anything stock ever again.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Infiniti Kappa it is

Ive heard a lot of people talk good about Infinity Kappas

I will try to find these & upgrade. Just a stop gap arrangement

Thanks everyone

Lots of good info

·
Registered
616 Posts
what i think... u shouldnt waste ur money on regular speakers. u gotta pick up components....

i buy all my audio parts from ubid.com. Right now, ubid has a set of diamond audio components for mad cheap...u should look into it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts