Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newly registered user, so can't post a for sale thread. Can anyone suggest where I might go to get my son's 91 Legend sold?

He bought if from the original owner a few months ago in excellent condition and loves the car. Sad to say, he rear-ended another car a few weeks ago so the car has front end damage. He had no collision insurance and can't afford to have it repaired. We haven't called a salvage yard but I'm afraid they'd offer a pittance.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you're looking to part it out, or sell it "as is", this is a good site once you meet the criteria. Otherwise you could try either craigslist or ebay.

If you use any other option, it's still not a bad idea to provide the website address here -- so everyone can find it.

Would still like to see photos if you could post them!

·
SGM / Type F
3,649 Posts
I agree that parting it out (if you have the room and time) would be your best option. You can still sell whats left after a part out at the salvage yard. If not put up a Craig's List posting and post the link on here so we can can see what you're talking about. Also if you have pictures but are unsure of how to post them here email them to me and I would be happy to add them to this thread so we can offer you better advice on the car, as long as there are no moderator objections to that process.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car was towed to a body shop owned by my friend. He says the car needs
-bumper reinforcement
-bumper cover
-both headlights
-both parking lights
-radiator
-A/C condenser
-hood
-right & left fenders
-engine compartment fusebox
-air filter box
-airbag(s?)
-miscellaneous

He says the doors and frame are not hurt. He phoned around and says the parts will cost ~$3000. Since he's a friend he'd give me a break on labor at $1500 but the money's not available.

It's a shame. My son was in love with the car and it had been dealer serviced all its life before he got it. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

·
SGM / Type F
3,649 Posts
Wow, I hope your son (or anyone else) is ok and not hurt!! What shape is the interior in? I would suggest that you try and get local FL members to come and get the bigger parts (trans, seats, wheels etc perhaps a 'part out meet' in Clearwater?) and then put up smaller salvageable parts (radio, speakers, interior trim, tail lights etc on eBay and link the auctions in this post). Then hawk the rest to a salvage yard.Doesn't look like too much is salvageable from the engine bay at this point.

·
NY Member
3,465 Posts
That's too bad. The 91 Sundance Gold color is hard to find nowadays. It was only produced in 91. The car looked pretty too.

I agree with parting out what you can then sending it to the salvage yard. Or, find used parts yourself then bring it to the body shop. There's no reason those parts should cost 3 grand. Remember, you can use any sedan parts from 91-95. Good luck.

Eric

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, samblaze. The good news is there were no injuries, just shaken up.

The interior is good except the driver's seat has some cracking and a split in the leather.

I have no earthly idea what price to put on the various parts. Is there a guide online anywhere that you know of?

·
SGM / Type F
3,649 Posts
No there really is no guide for used parts as such. I would say put them on eBay and let the market decide, or for bigger ticket items (eg trans) look in the Marketplace section here and see what people are asking/paying for similar items. Used parts have very subjective monetary values I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Glad your son is ok. Too bad we live so far apart. I'd be interested in the trunk. I love the color :thumbsup: and no spoiler. The look I've been wanting without having to paint it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As much as my son loves the car and would like to repair it, he lacks the space, tools, and money to do so and has consented to selling it. I don't qualify for posting the car in the for sale section so if anyone reading this is interested, let me know.

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
Since these are extenuating circumstances and you took the time to read the Forum rules (shocking!), I'll make an exception here and let you post a F/S or parting out thread. I think that'll be in everybody's best interest.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
91 Acura Legend For Sale - front end damaged

The 91 Acura Legend is officially for sale. I don't know how to value a damaged car. A couple members of this forum said $1000 to $1500 so that's what I'm offering it for. Will entertain offers. The car is at a body shop in Seminole between St Petersburg & Clearwater if you want to look at it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone want it before the junkyard gets it?

My friend at the body shop has been storing the 91 Legend all this time tells me that a junk yard has offered $300 for the car. Unless I get a better offer from this forum in the next week, I guess I'll take it. I just don't have the time or place to part it out.

It's located in the St. Petersburg / Clearwater area of Florida. Let me know if you want to see it.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Man, sorry to hear about the car. So sad... what a nice color too!!! :thumbsup: I would say you should part it out if you have the time... But, if you don't you should probably sell it to a junkyard... Or you could sell it and have someone else fix it and get it back on the road. Put it on Craigslist or Cars.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.