Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW I mean WOW man..........I just spent the past two days experimenting with making a home made CAI instead of droppin 140 bucks for a metal weapon r pipe.......so i go to buy the filter from weapon R ($42) then i buy plumbing pipe and cut out lenghts of the stock tube with a hacksaw...then use sandpaper to even it out.....well anyways the only tricky part was that i needed zip ties to hold up the tube from coming apart at the throttle body b/c it was kinda heavy and the clamps werent holding too good...........well end result.....I used to chirp into 2nd gear in my 91 auto.....now when im at a light i stomp on it and i spin like CRAZY all the way up to 5K RPM then it launches me.... on the freeway no one can keep up with me when i downshift to D3 after 70 MPH this buy far was the best bloody knuckles....3 stained shirts........ and 14 hours....Ive spent to make one mod on a car!!!! EVERYONE HAS TO MAKE THEIR CAR A CAI INTAKE...........oh by the way...is it possible to buy a wheel well liner from somewhere? i seem to have lost the front part of mine when i was removing everything. It's funny how I recall Leon's post about the worry of rain and using the AEM bypass....well Im ordering it online right now......I man we almost had a flash flood here in Charlotte and i ran it through the streets right before i hooked up the tubes...with the wheel liner off...water almost made it up to the engine bay!!!!!..AEM BYPASS IS A MUST!!!
Well.....I just wanted to rant b/c im gonna have more fun getting adjusted to the new power.......hey gimme credit i came from a 1.8 liter 140 HP miata........hahaha................oh by the way...those 3 hoses clamped together? can I throw them out? I have 2 breathers on there now?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man I dont have 140 for a metal intake pipe ytou think i got 300 for a digital camera??? hahaha...If I had 300 that would be half an exhaust....but anyways imight go make some pics at the old eckerds for the hell of it but i tell ya, its NOT a show piece thing haha I mean......im not a show person....no chrome wheels no ninja body kits...come on....who needs to look good when youre just a blur to others as you whiz on by?...i only worry about that superman feller....i hear he's got X-ray vision and can see through to my fugly intake!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts