Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headlight bulb blew yesterday and now I would like ot replace them with something better than Philipps BlueVision.
I saw on Autodynamic.com the OptiBlue and the PIAA SuperPlasma and the PIAA Xtreme White, can't decide which to get!!

PLease help me decide!

Also, about the two differnt kinds of PIAA bulbs, which is better or which one would you perfer or have, etc. the SuperPlasma or Xtreme White?
thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just bought a set of 9005/9006 from procarparts.com for about $20. Cheaper than regular bulbs at abut $8 locally. They even claim a 5 year warrantee...we will see. These are the last set of bulbs I am buying on the web. Been burned 5 other times with low quality bulbs.
What would I suggest? Spend the extra money, buy a name brand like PIAA. Make sure they are 70 watts or less or you should add an auxiliary headlight wiring harness. (AutoDynamic has them.)
You will also want at least a pair of 194's for the front corner light. Otherwise the brown from those lights will glow into your headlights making them look a little brown.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I have all PIAA Extreme White bulbs in my car (almost, d#mn xtremewhite.com). I love them. I don't need any modifications for them. I kept my corner bulbs in case some picky cop gives me a ticket for the little bit of blue. Hope it helps.
Later!
Lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally, I think that the PIAA Super Plasma's look the best. The Super White's almost look like a regular bulb to me. I had the guy at Acura throw a set of them in for me and I could barely tell a difference, so then he threw in one of my regular bulbs and I saw very quickly that it wasn't worth an extra $70. The Super Plasma's do look good though. If you do like the looks of the Super Whites though, then look at the Sylvania Silverstars. I put some of these bulbs in my Dad's excursion and actually like them more than the Super Whites. They are very bright too.

·
Registered
655 Posts
philips blue vision

doessn't have the blue hid look, Its just like a brighter oem if you do 9005/9006 mod. They should not call them blue- vision, they shouldn't even call them white- vision. It should be called slightly- less- yellow- than- stock- vision. But thats just my preference, I like that bluish tint in my light.

·
Registered
233 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly what gan2c said!

What I am looking for is a nice 'bright' 'white' look for both my low and highs!
so what should I go with?
thanks guys

·
Registered
89 Posts
Buy name brand like PIAA or OptiBlue from Autodynamic.com skip the junk on ebay. Both are excellent. Both are blue/white. Only the PIAA low beam is available in 55W. OptiBlue at 100W will require the auxilliary wiring harness.

Before you do either you should read this.
http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/info/bulbs/blue/bad/

I decided that the blue/white looked great in the low beam. I left the standard bulbs in the high beam. The blue/white seems to pick up white reflectors or signs better and the standard provide better overall visibility.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts