Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

Time is coming soon to get a brand spankin new car - although I cant say bye to my legend - I love it tooo much!

Just would like some opinions on which car y'all would get. My first choice and only choice for a car in the upper category is the 2002 M3 - not sure yet though if my budget will let me...

Otherwise, the other cars Im considering are:

BMW 330 ci coupe
Mercedes-Benz CLK
Audi S4

Thanks for your feedback. Currently Im leaning towards the BMW -all cars Im testing are 5 speed stick shift.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe throw the Infiniti G35 coupe with 6speed on the list when it available in the fall.

·
Registered
847 Posts
yeah, definitely consider the G35 6sp coupe and sedan if you want a stick. And in my opinion, 330ci is totally not worth it...

G

·
Yuck, they may be a Skyline, but I think that they are ugly. Could be cool though if they came out with a coupe.

I say go with the Audi S4, I love those things so much, and they are real quick.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would say if you can't get the M3, go for the 330ci, and later on u can add a S/C and blow an M3 out of the water. As far as the Benz CLK, if you can't afford a M3, you can't afford a CLK 430 either, and if you don't get a 430, sure as hell don't get a 320, those things suck ass. When it comes to the Audi, for some reason I'm just not a huge fan. They seem like something a ricer teenager with too much money would get. Same level as an IS300 or something like that. Anyway, good luck with whatever you end up with, but don't forget, keep representin for the Legend community :D

-GR

·
Registered
655 Posts
I did'nt know the clk came in 5 spd

I would take 330ci too, I like the looks alot more than s4. the s4 is a little to close to a4 looks. The resale value of the beemer is gonna be awesome. clk is tight too but the v6 isn't that fast, and probably less aftermarket support. Did u think about next tls, g35, gs400 with custom turbo and reclaim fastest sedan title from m5.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Go for a GS430, or a 540 BMW, or a Mercedes 430/55. I kind of like the G35 as well, and those pictures of the G35 Coupe is really nice if you need are planning on getting a Coupe.

·
Registered
614 Posts
s4 all the way... i am sooo sold on that car.. throw in some rs4 turbos and you're well into 350HP.. I rode in my friends s4 with over 20k of mods, and let me say its the best handling car iv ever been in. For those of you that live in so Cali.. he took the turn from the 10 going E to the 110N at 90mph and i felt safe the whole time. I usually take that turn at 65-70 with h&r and konis and 18in ZR rated tires.
The 330ci is a nice car also if u wanna spend 9k on a ESS supercharger.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hell yeah, S4 is definitely worth it too. I've been a big Audi fan too:D The ride quality and handling of S4 + 19" + H&R coilovers(my friend's setup) can't be beat too:cool:

I still think you should stay away with the 330. I always feel something is missing in that car when I drive or sit in it, but I don't know how to explain. My friend bought a 330 when it first came out, and I wasn't impressed by it. He totaled the car because of the worthless BMW traction controll....(actually made the car more uncontrollable when it engaged in the rain) I believe they have a much better traction system on M3 though~

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Not knowing whether you currently drive a Sedan or Coupe it is difficult to make a recommendation. The BMW 3 series is so much smaller than the Legend. A similar vehicle would be the 5 series. If you are bound and determined to buy a M series, why not consider a used, certified one? If you are not in a hurry you could locate one with the color/options as if you had ordered it new. Let someone else pay the depreciation. If you are seeking a Coupe and want something not often seen, look for a used BMW 850/840. An excellent touring vehicle. If you do buy a BMW, don't forget to buy the Bentley Manual.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Will you drive this car in the snow? If so I'd recommend the Audi S4/A4.

If not... my choice would be the M3 followed closely by the CLK. In my eyes the CLK is the car that resembles the Legend Coupes styling.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I say wait and see what 2003 has to offer in the way of cars many vehicals are being redesigned. Does anyone know what the tls redesign will look like post a picture if possible.

·
Registered
702 Posts
go for the m3 if you can afford it. that is a sweet car with great handling, or if you just wanna go crazy and don't need family or much space, go for the crazy m3 roadster! that thing looks vicious. how bout an x5 if you want an suv? or possibly if you can go in 40-50k range, go for the new hummer h2 if you not looking for performance...that's nice looking, i have yet to see one on the road.

·
Registered
275 Posts
RenoG said:
I say wait and see what 2003 has to offer in the way of cars many vehicals are being redesigned. Does anyone know what the tls redesign will look like post a picture if possible.
That's a good point... Nissan will be unleashing the 350z. It's really not in the same class as the other cars your looking at but you could be one of the first to own one.

·
Registered
685 Posts
ahh screw it take all that money and turn your Legend into a pimped out race ready speed monster :D jk, I would also vote S4, they are really fun to drive and the all wheel drive is absolutly unflappable.

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
S4 all the way bro, drop it on some 18's, throw a kit on there and you'll have a CLEAN ride (still uncomparable to the legend of course :))

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.