Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, who has the best meaning clearest and less latency in cell phone services? Only post your opinion if you've tried multiple phones!

I recently heard SprintPCS, there seemed to be a little delay, less than half a second, but I could still tell. Sound quality was okay, any others that are better? How is ATT's network?

·
Registered
166 Posts
So far I've had AT&T, Verizon (I don't know if this is offered in the West), and Nextel. At&T sucks ass around NYC, Verizon is alright and Nextel also. I current have a Nextel phone and have no problems whats so ever with it. Your best bet would be to ask the opinions of users in your local coverage area. Most dealers would bull**** you just to sell their plans cuz that's what I had to do when I worked at a cell phone place over the summer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've had exprience with Voicestream, Qwest, Nextel, Verizon, and Sprint. Voicestream, Qwest, and Nextel were all horrible in my experiences. I'd have calls constantly dropping, difficulty connecting to the network, and poor sound quality. Verizon and Sprint are excellent in my opinion.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have sprint, clarity is good but,

they screw up my billing two times already in 4 months , but one of my clients is a district manager for sprint stores and fixed prob. I had a 253.xx bil and was like wtf, I didnt even use half my time yet.

·
Registered
655 Posts
also sprint's

phones have like no damn accessories. thinkig back I woud choose cingular and get a nokia. Paid 179 for my phone, phone has never had a prob. and I ran over it in my prelude and found it next day.

Alcohol and cell phones don't mix........

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think I had mostly every phone service, me or one of my family members.
Forget about MCI, don't even consider it, customer service is truly horrible.
When I was in NYC, I had AT&T, MCI, Bell Atlantic (I think they're Verizon now), Sprint, Voice Stream and Ominpoint.
Here in LA, I had Cingular.
Currently I have Nextel and never had any problems.
Customer Service is great.
Although Nextel is nationwide, when I drive cross country, it dies out in a few of the SouthWest states.
I know the plans are expensive but after the year contract, call them and they'll reduce your monthly plan.
I was paying $89.99 for about a year, now I pay $29.99 for the same plan.
The great thing about Nextel is that they round the call to the second not the minute.
The reception is call. I don't even recall how many drop calls I had, not too many.
My girlfriend has Sprint now, it's not bad at all. I do recommend it.
I believe they are upgrading the system to 3G or G3.
It's suppose to have a better frequency range.
Good Luck choosing.

·
Registered
217 Posts
bought a sanyo 5150 with sprint on saturday. so far, i think sprint sucks; verizon is much better, but 3G is suppost to come out soon on the sprint networks but i heard verizon wont be too far behind. ohh yeah, the 5150 is AWSOME :cool:

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
sprint = dropped calls like a mugg..

my phone (samsung 8500) = mic sucks on it, i dont YELL into the phone when i talk, and i have to with this phone.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i've used a sch850(verizon 8500) for a year, it was tight, i had no problems, wat j00 talkin aboutz

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Re: also sprint's

gen2c said:
phones have like no damn accessories. thinkig back I woud choose cingular and get a nokia. Paid 179 for my phone, phone has never had a prob. and I ran over it in my prelude and found it next day.

Alcohol and cell phones don't mix........
I will attest to the durability of a nokia. I am on my second one. the first one I had took so many drops it was ridiculous. I would drop it or smash it like 10 times a week. It was like a timex watch "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'." The new one I have gets worse treatment because it is even smaller, and its going strong too. The only reason I replaced the first one was because I was at two years and I had a hardware upgrade for cheap$$$. They are great phones.... most of my friends have other brands and they feel so cheap... like toys. MY GF had a motorolla startec and it was crap. The battery lasted like 3 hours of standby time, and maybe 45 min. of talk time.

I am currently with Rogers At&t and the service is very good. Reception is decent in most areas and prices are fairly reasonable.

·
Registered
166 Posts
those that are having problems with standby time:

talking about cell batteries, when I worked at a cell place over the summer, we were trained to tell our customers not to leave phones charging overnight. It's best for battery life if you use the battery all the way then charge it back up to full at least a few times a week. Also it's not healthy to charge the phone too much
on the car charger. I don't exactly know why but usually the car adapters they give you aren't original chargers made from the phone company and thus kills your battery life.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
In all honesty i've had sprint for over 2 years now, i can't complain, the clarity is good, i've noticed the clarity over my sprint phone better than regular phones, anyways I've not had calls drop unless i was out in the sticks somewhere, but it all boils down to who has the better infrastructure where someone lives, your just gonna have to investigate what kind of network is best over your area, and what kind of plan best would suite your needs, since i work at night and sleep during the morning till early afternoon, my airtime plan works good for me, i'm mostly using my nighttime and weekend minutes, plus internet access, so my bill comes out to 55-60 bucks a month....taxes, insurance and all that crap:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have had great service with Verizon. It was bad about 2 years ago, but since then, I have had nothing but good service. I had Alltel (are they still around?) and it sucked. It really does depend on your local area though.

·
Registered
671 Posts
well, i've had experience with nextel and now att. it all basically boils down to what hate_me_now said: go with whichever company has a better infrastructure in your area. i had nextel for a year, and put up with their sh!tty reception and high cost because i was tied into a year-long contract. i switched to att in december, because they have an antenna on one of the buildings at the university where i work. i get amazing reception now! as for my parents, they live in nevada, and were using verizon for ~2 years. i made a call with one of their phones, and there were like 2 second gaps in conversations, cut-off calls, etc. that they said had always happened (they just thought that was the way all cell phones were ; ). so anyway, i had them switch over to att, and they couldn't be happier - all of a sudden, they can hold actual conversations on a cell phone without interuption. in their case (and mine), att just has better service in that area. talk to everyone you know that has cell phone service, both where you live, and where you travel often. ask them specifically about dropped calls, service interuptions, etc., and then make a decision. good luck,

wally

1 - 18 of 18 Posts