Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Leave the stock bulbs

Votes: 3 14.3%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change the interior lighting (including the trunk) on my Charcoal Granite Metallic colored Legend but don't know what would go best with it and at the same time not make my Legend lose it's class.

Give me your opinion, here's a pic:

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Blue is cool, I had it in my old coupe

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
Have you ever been in any of the newer BMW 740i's? They have these little amber colored LED's that are mounted into the rear view mirror, they're a perfect lighting. not too much, not too little.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I'm gonna be changing all my interior bulbs to blue within the next couple of weeks. I've seen people with different colors and some actually looked good. But it all depends on your taste.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Me, being the innovative type....I would like to put a blacklight bulb in there just for that freaky look it gives off.(Yo dude, pass that Doobie over here)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DSCLegend94, I would really appreciate it if you could tell me where you bought the superwhites from? Link?

·
OG Member
1,498 Posts
Cant' remember the part #s, but the doors have the bulbs with the connectors in each end and the dome has those too AND the ones we use for our corner bulbs. Somebody in the forums should have the #s.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So the door and dome lights are the same? Any tips as to how to take out the door and dome bulbs without cracking the lense?

·
Registered
424 Posts
194 r the dome, the same as the corner lights. I think the doors r the same. To remove the dome use ur fingers w/patience to take off the lid (have patience and it will come off. Replace the outer ones, than remove the two screws and it comes off (lighting box) disconnect it from the back. Remove the two little screws and u can remove the other two bulbs. As for the door ones, use a flat head screw driver on the lil' opening ont the side, and it should pop off. www.autodynamic.com has the same polargs also, but i think they a lil higher.

Latin...................

·
Registered
424 Posts
u can also use these. They r from atodynamic also. They r 10 bucks a pair. It says color never fades. I'm gonna put these on my corners and interior. I'll post pics when i can.

Latin............................

·
Registered
449 Posts
Don't get colored bulbs I say use super white for all door panels and interior dome lights, I have blue on all my doors and on my dome lights but they come out green due to the materials our light covers are made of kinda yellowish, It looks blue w/o the cover but green once I replace the cover. Just get hyper white you'll be happy with it. I got half of my car covered with hyper white already.

I don't think those LED lights will distribute the beam very well, you'll have like a concentrated dot. I dunno u can try it's just my guess

1 - 20 of 29 Posts