Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around for indiglo's and was wondering which ones you guys think are the best. Procarparts has the 6 color, mmr has some, and autodynamic has reverse and 2 color w/ Mugen logos. Does anyone know the differences. BTW, I have a type I engine. Also the lights that light up the needles have gone out, does anyone know how to replace them? Appreciate any help,

Tejus

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
all based on your personal opinion..
thing to remember is that they need to be done carefully, or you will have broken gauges...I would suggest giving Adam's Autosport a call, and have them assist you...

ask for Adam..tell him Leon w/ the coupe sent you.
Adam's Autosport
4692 Jonesboro Rd
Forest PArk, GA

G

·
Yes, they went out on me and I had to go to my Acura dealer!
I don't think you can get them at any autoparts store!

·
Registered
449 Posts
well if you're going to be getting indiglo guages you won't need any bulbs at all beside the ones in back of your cluster to light up your odometer and your trip meter, other than that the indiglo guage is very bright from the back so you'll be able to see your needles at night, I used a permanant red marker to go over my needles so now I have red needles. As far as 6 color or 2 color I say go with 2 to save you a couple of bucks, but if that couple of bucks don't mean nothing to you then get 6, I have 6 color guages but never even changed it's color. It just makes me feel better when I know I have a little more option than some others. :D I don't think it's a good choice to go with the MMR guages cause they're a replacement tamplete not over lays, which mean you'll have to take your needles out and that's gonna cost ya, procarparts/ebay or anything other sites sell the 6 and 2 color indiglo guages with or without the Mugen. they're like 45 bucks or so. I don't think I'll ever go back to the stock guages. The reverse indiglos are very nice as well, only if we had needles with backlights, my friend's 99 accord with reverse idiglo guages looks sweet.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
hey so we cant use the reverse indiglo gauges becuase our needles are not backlit??? i really wanted those...........and also i have the stock gauges now and at nite i cant read wat speed im at or how much fuel because the needles dont light up..............also the part on the dash that tells wat gear ur in.......doesnt light up.........did they go out or was it alwayz like that??

·
Registered
449 Posts
hey so we cant use the reverse indiglo gauges becuase our needles are not backlit??? i really wanted those...........and also i have the stock gauges now and at nite i cant read wat speed im at or how much fuel because the needles dont light up..............also the part on the dash that tells wat gear ur in.......doesnt light up.........did they go out or was it alwayz like that??

seems like the lights in your guages are bad, everything is supposed to light up, sometime it could be lose connection, I disabled pretty much all back lights. Everything is lite up using my indiglo.

you can get reverse indiglo if you like, they seem to be pretty bright I doubt it that you'll have a problem seeing your needles.

G

·
taking out the cluster is easy, but time consuming!

LEgEnD4LiFe said:
Hey man I had the same problem, no D4 light!
WEll I took out my instrument cluster, and what I did was I switched the bulb from '1' to D4 and D4 to '1' gear light!(get what I'm saying!)
ok well I put it back together, this was during the day time, then night time hit, I had to turn on the overhead lights to see how fast I was going, etc.
Like I said before the bulbs to light up the front you have to get a your dealership! This what lights up the front, the other bulbs light up the numbers on the gauges, they are in the back!
All the bulbs for the insturment cluster no matter what you have to get at the dealership because of how they were made, it sucks I know!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts