Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been dealing with an upholstery shop in TX. They sent me a sample of the colours available. I am having a hard time figuring out which one would be the closest colour match for a Type E interior. I think "E" in the below is the closest match. Anyone else agree/disagree?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
If they sent you the samples, can't you take these samples out to your car and see which one is closest? You should at least be able to narrow it down to the final two...at worst 3.

Maybe take pictures of the final 2-3 samples next to your current leather and post the pics...maybe even make a Poll Question....

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Based on the above comparison I would say C or D are the closest...leaning towards C, but I would still match against your own car's leather.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I won seat covers from these guys on eBay for $350. They sent me a picture of the colours available but I suck at picturing colours in my head. Plus I am at work so I cant check right now. But now that you mention it, C does look close to Type E. I guess I'll have to rip a piece out of the driver seat and put it against the picture on the screen. They said they can do colour combos for free. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I did not realize when you said they sent samples to you, that you meant thru email...not snail mail.

C most likely is fine, but be careful, because if you look at the colors on two different computer screens thay may look slightly different because of the monitor color settings...you may want to ask if they can snail mail a color swatch of your final 2 possibilities, to see them in person up against your leather.

·
Registered
431 Posts
haing type E interior, I'd say C is the closest. but our Type E's have a little more brown in it then that color, but yeah it's the closest. I'd still take it out to yer car if you can print it maybe?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.