Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Rebuilding :(
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, both the 5spd and the coupe need spark plugs soon. Ive been looking at getting the oem replacements (laser platinums $10.99- $12.99 a plug) but then thought about getting the dual electrode plugs. What would be the benefit of having the dual electrode plug compared to the laser platinums and would i be worth getting them?

Is there any other plug i should consider?

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
I need new plugs as well. I am thinking about getting a group buy going so we can get them for a lower price.

As far as what would be the best plug, I have done some research, but have found lots of opinions. Most say to stay with the OEM plugs, as that is what Honda built the engine for.

· Sales Guido
1,105 Posts
I switched from Platinums to NGK copper plugs. No complaints here. I think that the iridium plugs are a waste of money, and any "gain" people feel is strictly placebo. I'd go with basic copper plugs, if you don't mind changing them out every 30K. If not, go with platinums, but don't waste your money on iridiums.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
SuperCoupe93 said:
I switched from Platinums to NGK copper plugs. No complaints here. I think that the iridium plugs are a waste of money, and any "gain" people feel is strictly placebo. I'd go with basic copper plugs, if you don't mind changing them out every 30K. If not, go with platinums, but don't waste your money on iridiums.
Ok I agree with you about the Iridium thing, I only did it because I got a good deal on the plugs and it was the new thing to do. But please do not recommend copper plugs, people should stick with platinums at the least. Why change your plugs every 30k?

1,354 Posts
nasriaz said:
Ok I agree with you about the Iridium thing, I only did it because I got a good deal on the plugs and it was the new thing to do. But please do not recommend copper plugs, people should stick with platinums at the least. Why change your plugs every 30k?
Where did you get your deal on the plugs?

1,354 Posts
nasriaz said:
From a local tuner shop, I believe I got all 6 for $50. Thats not too bad for NGK Iridium.
WOW, no kidding. Any chance they still have them for that price?

· Sales Guido
1,105 Posts
nasriaz said:
I only recommend them because copper plugs run about $1-2 each, and platinums run about $6-8 each, depending where you get them. There's no difference in performance, except that a platinum plug self-cleans better and faster than a copper plug. I don't mind changing them out every 30K for the savings in $$. Just my $.02.

1,354 Posts
nasriaz said:
That is a crazy price, My jaw dropped when I saw that and shipping is not bad at all. I hope they are real.
Yea me too. I'll let you know. They did have a great feedback score.

· Registered
103 Posts
I know its not the same car, but I ran the NGK coppers in my Z06 and never felt a difference from an Iridium plug. I had over 30 trackdays (roadcourse) on the car, maybe 10 w/ the Iridiums and never a problem w/ the copper plugs.

Found all the part #s from the NGK site:

1991 ACURA LEGEND 3.2 V6 C32A1 FI

Spark Plug Part No. Stock No. Plug Gap
Standard BKR6ES-11 5553 .044
V-Power BKR6E-11 2756 .044
G-Power Platinum BKR6EGP 7092 .044
Laser Platinum PFR6G-11 * # 5555 .044
OE Laser Iridium IFR6E11 ^ 6741 .044
Iridium IX BKR6EIX-11 3764 .044
* Premium Laser Plug # Original Equipment

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.