Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market to get a new radar detector because my last one was stolen. I had the cobra ESD9550 or something like that and it was pretty good, but I want something better. But what do you guys recommend and what price range is the detector at?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I don't believe much in radar detectors. It is kind of hard to fight those Laser guns anyways. Do they all need to go into the window area? Are there any you can connect to the front of the car or something? Wire that travels back into the cabin?

If I were to get any radar detector, it would have to have the sensor portion somewhere in the front of the car, where it is not very visible, a wire that travels all the the way back into the car, then hardwire the LEDs into the Dash area, with a speaker remotely placed, oh yes and a switch to turn it off/on at will remotely.

:D

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
I don't believe much in radar detectors. It is kind of hard to fight those Laser guns anyways. Do they all need to go into the window area? Are there any you can connect to the front of the car or something? Wire that travels back into the cabin?

If I were to get any radar detector, it would have to have the sensor portion somewhere in the front of the car, where it is not very visible, a wire that travels all the the way back into the car, then hardwire the LEDs into the Dash area, with a speaker remotely placed, oh yes and a switch to turn it off/on at will remotely.

:D
K40 :)

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
See www.k40.com .
It isn't cheap, but if you want to get one, check out Automotive Entertainment of Pasadena on Rosemead Blvd., just south of Colorado Blvd. Just tell them that Graeme sent you. :)

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone know if theres a website that list radar detectors so I can compare some of them?

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Triton3K,

The only one I know of is www.radartest.com , I've heard that they may be biased though. Not sure.

FutureX,

You know, I don't really remember. I asked once a long time ago. I do know that it is quite expensive though. Something in the neighbourhood of $1k, I think.

Call Zach at Automotive Entertainment - (626)577-1200. He'll be able to fill you in.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
just get a phantom jammer with radar detector on it. it will tell u when a cop is there but he cant clock your speed anyways so it doesnt matter :) nah im just kidding i know the valentine is GREAT i dont know about the others i have a passport and it has worked great but nothing like the valentine one.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I bought a Valentine One about 15 months ago. I don't know how I got by without it...once you have directional arrows, you can never go back.

It's worth the $400, trust me!

I got 3 speeding ticket in '99-01 when I lived in Nor Cal. Two radar, one snuck up and paced me.

Knock on wood, but I have not even been stopped since I bought the Valentine 1.

It does seem to have a few too many false positives around town, but it's easy to learn how to tune those out.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
248 Posts
in a recent test I think it was in car and driver or one of the other major auto magazines, the valentine one outclasses everyone else in most performance categroies by quite a bit...like 50 percent better at least on everything...crazy stuff...

b

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Avarice said:
I have no need for radar detectors I drive one of these :D :D :D

Hey Jon, you've had that all this time and couldn't go out to japan and get us some parts?? Llet me borrow that so I can run out to Japan real quick and pick us up some parts. :D :D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Triton3K said:

Hey Jon, you've had that all this time and couldn't go out to japan and get us some parts?? Llet me borrow that so I can run out to Japan real quick and pick us up some parts. :D :D
I'll take the F22, stealth but super mach cruise speeds! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts