Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..
I have a 91 coupe and i just recently picked up a dual 10" bandpass box from a friend. I was curious what you all would suggest as far as which way to face them. Either subs towards the seats or towards the trunk lid. All suggestions are welcome and a short explaination as to why you prefer the direction that you suggest would be great.
Thanks
Patrick

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
95% of the time, you'll get a much better sounding bass with the subs (or ports for a bandpass box) facing the rear. Just try it out forward and then turn the box around and see what kind of bass you like.

Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only problem with that is...

The ports happen to be on the top of this box. I guess this box was probably ment for a hatchback or something with room above the box. But either way.. i guess its try it one way and then try the other..... it can only go one of two ways.
Thanks,
Patrick

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
you could lay the box on it's side and face the ports towards the back. I've got a pretty good idea of which style box you have. Just try a few different ways to see what you like, I had a 12" sub in the back of my 88 sedan that would sound best if I turned it sideways and faced it towards the drivers side rear fender.

·
Registered
449 Posts
if the ports are facing upward what I'd try to do is cut a hole through the rear dash and use some PVC pipes and fit them into the port and shove them into the cabin. OMG it'll sound awesome. That's going to be like having a hatchback

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.