Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after having my a/c belt fixed (it was whining and rubbing and smoking) i still have a slight whine coming from the same area. according to the mechanic my "ac clutch" is about to go (i have no idea what this is or what it does). what i do know is that the car whines all the time now, the whining does not get higher pitched as i rev up the engine, and when i roll up my windows, turn my headlights on, or turn my ac on it gets slightly louder. do you guys (and gals) think it will go away if i get the ac clutch fixed? any idea how much your avg. ac shop would charge for that?

·
Registered
715 Posts
after having my a/c belt fixed (it was whining and rubbing and smoking) i still have a slight whine coming from the same area. according to the mechanic my "ac clutch" is about to go (i have no idea what this is or what it does). what i do know is that the car whines all the time now, the whining does not get higher pitched as i rev up the engine, and when i roll up my windows, turn my headlights on, or turn my ac on it gets slightly louder. do you guys (and gals) think it will go away if i get the ac clutch fixed? any idea how much your avg. ac shop would charge for that?
Could be the idler pulley, it's basically a bearing and can get stuck or end up making noise. It's def cheaper than a new AC clutch and you should be able to do it yourself or at least not have to pay someone a whole lot. Here is a link to acura part: HONDA PARTS UNLIMITED... YOUR SOURCE FOR OEM HONDA AND ACURA PARTS AND ACCESSORIES!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so apparently something flew up off the road and hit the ac clutch, making a minor dent. i guess this is what could be causing the whining? mechanic said the part would last a long time anyways and not to worry about it, so i guess ill put up with a little whining

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.