Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this like two days ago but now from my heater vents I am hearing this whistling sound. The higher I turn the fun up to the louder it gets. What is this?!?!? Something loose or something??Vents dirty????? It's still hot air coming out but I'm wondering if something is ready to go!?!?!?!:eek:

·
OLD SKOOL P*MP
235 Posts
a/c blower motor ...

i belive its ur a/c blower motor ... i have that happening on my coupe as well ... i've been quoted $450 (canadian) to fix it ... its intermittent and doesn't come on that often for me lately ... so i'll live with it til it really starts to annoy me ...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Occasionally overlooked, make sure all your vents are open. Sometimes a passenger closes the vent and you will get the whistle when the blower is on....

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I have this problem happening very rarely. But I don't know what it could be but it doesnt happen often so im not that worried about it yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Leaves can get into the blower. When this happens, they occasionally get blown up to the perfect spot so that they are restricting the air flow. That restriction will sound like a whistling sound. A quick fix can be turn the air on and off until the blockage is cleared. The long term fix is taking the blower and filter out and cleaning them. Expect about a two hour job to do that. Not really hard though, just keep up with all the screws!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts